Free Consultation: (800) 583-8002Tap to Call This Lawyer
Robert D. Kreisman

Robert D. Kreisman

Kreisman Law Offices
  • Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect, Elder Law...
  • Illinois, Missouri
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

Kreisman Law Offices is a Chicago-based personal injury firm that successfully uses a client-based approach to seek justice for victims nationwide. Robert Kreisman is an AV-rated attorney with over 37 years of experience litigating a variety of personal injury cases, including those involving medical malpractice, car accidents, wrongful death, and products liability. He works with some of the leading experts in the nation and employs the newest technology to seek the most favorable results possible for his clients. All cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless there is a recovery on your case. Please call the Kreisman Law Offices today to pursue the justice you deserve.

Practice Areas
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
  • Elder Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Business Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Birth Injury
  • Anesthesiology Errors
  • Brain Injury
  • Car Accidents
  • Pharmaceutical Litgation / Prescription Drug Side Effects
  • Product Defects
  • Truck Accidents
  • Wrongful Death
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
7th Circuit
Federal Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
DePaul College of Law
LL.M. (1981)
The John Marshall Law School
J.D. (1976)
Honors: with Honors
University of Missouri - Columbia
President's Club
American Association for Justice
American Association for Justice
Peer Rating AV (Highest Rating)
Martindale-Hubbard Law Directory
Professional Associations
American College of Legal Medicine
- Current
Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- Current
Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Current
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
American Association for Justice
- Current
Illinois State Bar
- Current
Missouri State Bar
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Chicago Bar Association
- Current
Bar Association of Metropolitain St. Louis
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Successfully Handling Medical Negligence Cases, AAJ Annual Convention, Los Angeles, CA
American Association for Justice
Moderator for Professional Negligence Section seminar
Mediation Skills
Northwestern University
American Association for Justice
Websites & Blogs
Kreisman Law Offices Website
Robert D. Kreisman's Website Profile
Chicago Injury Lawyer Blog
Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer Blawg
Chicago Medical Malpractice Attorney Blog
Chicago Nursing Home Lawyers Blog
Chicago Birth Injury Lawyers Blog
Legal Answers
243 Questions Answered

Q. My ex was in a serious car accident with my daughter and she didn't tell me anything about it. What can I do?
A: If your daughter was injured you should seek the advice of local attorney. That would mean to retrieve the police report of the incident. The fact that your ex didn't inform you does not make out a case of any kind.
Q. I got in an car accident with a bicyclist who wasn't wearing a helmet.
A: The fact that the injured bicyclist was not wearing a protective helmet would not be an issue that could diminish the the value of the case to the plaintiff who was injured. In fact, most lawyers would submit a motion in limine to prevent the lack of a helmet to be introduced as a factor in the case. There is no law that I am aware of in your state or any state for that matter that requires bicyclists to wear a helmet. The damages that your insurer may become obligated to pay would be up to it. The exception to that would be unless there is a coverage deficiency or some other insurance coverage problem that may make you personally liable for any excess judgment above your policy limits.
Q. Is every accident-related death a possible wrongful death case?
A: If a case were filed claiming negligence or willful and wanton conduct by the party or parties who caused the death, then yes that would amount to a wrongful death claim and a separate count for a survival action if the decedent survived the injuries that caused the death for any length of time. In short, the answer to your question is yes.
Q. If i adopt a dog then 2 months later bites someone who is liable ? Could dog shelter be liable
A: From what you have described you would be held responsible for the injuries suffered by a dog bit of the dog you own.
Q. My car was parked in a parking lot of a hospital,when a man passed out and crossed the center lane and 2 lanes
A: Notify your insurance agent, obtain a copy of the police report and take photos of the damage to your vehicle. Your insurance company will help you the process.
Q. My dad is bedfast but refuses to go to a nursing home. What can I do as the only living child to have him placed?
A: From what you have asked, the action you could entertain is hiring a local attorney to discuss whether your dad would be one who would qualify for a guardianship. If so you or another person, usually a family member could be appointed by the court to make decisions for your dad, should he be adjudicated a "disabled person". That person would be the guardian of the estate and person. It doesn't have to be the same person for both positions, but at least the guardian to receive the court's approval to move your dad to an acceptable nursing facility that matches his disability.
Q. if I don't accept an insurance company's first offer for bodily injury & I ask for more $$, can they take the offer back
A: If any offer is not accepted, the insurance company's adjuster can simply withdraw the offer. That usually doesn't happen. It also doesn't mean that the insurance will meet your demand or even increase the current offer. If you don't reach a reasonable offer from the insurance company, you would be wise to contact a local personal injury litigation lawyer to guide through this process.
Q. F͟͟e͟͟n͟͟d͟͟e͟͟r͟͟ b͟͟e͟͟n͟͟d͟͟e͟͟r͟͟ a͟͟c͟͟c͟͟i͟͟d͟͟e͟͟n͟͟t͟͟. N͟͟o͟͟t͟͟ @ f͟͟a͟͟u͟͟l͟͟t͟͟
A: If you are at a standstill with the insurance company's adjuster for the other driver, I would urge you to contact an attorney in your area who practices personal injury litigation to help you sort through this either by reaching a fair and reasonable settlement or filing suit.
Q. Am I responsible for the bill
A: Unfortunately, from what information you gave you would be responsible for the bill.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Kreisman Law Offices
55 W Monroe St
Chicago, IL 60603
Toll-Free: (800) 583-8002
Telephone: (312) 346-0045
Fax: (866) 618-4198