Free Consultation: (909) 475-8800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Richard Samuel Price

Richard Samuel Price

Probate, Wills & Trusts, Litigation, Real Estate
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law...
  • California
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

R. Sam Price is an experienced and highly educated attorney who’s passionate about helping others. Sam’s exceptional talent is to make complicated legal jargon and court procedures, simple and easy for his clients to comprehend.

Sam is the managing attorney of the growing boutique law practice, Price Law Firm, APC, which focuses on probate, estate planning, trust administration, long-term care planning and litigation. He represents clients in probate matters and prosecutes and defends clients in probate and trust litigation. He made such an impression on an author client that she based a character of a probate attorney on him, in her real-life novel entitled, “Battle of the Wills.” He assists clients with protecting their family through estate planning and long-term care planning. Sam helps successor trustees administer trusts after the passing of the settlor. 

Sam earned two law degrees with a master of laws degree from New York University School of Law and a juris doctor with honors from Western New England College School of Law. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in business administration with a concentration in finance from California State University, San Bernardino.

When he’s not working on a legal matter, Sam values time spent with his family; his British TV reporter wife, Tiffany, their son; and their Boston Terrier. His other great passion is woodworking and he has designed and built a number of unique pieces of furniture in his office. 

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free initial consultation by telephone for up to 30 minutes
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Price Law Firm, APC
- Current
The Law Office of Richard Samuel Price
International Tax Consultant
New York University School of Law
LL.M. (2000) | Taxation
Activities: Student government
Western New England University School of Law
J.D. (1999) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Environmental Moot Court
California State University - San Bernardino
B.A. (1996) | Business Administration
15 Year Anniversary Recognition
10 Year Anniversary Recognition
Professional Associations
San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Current
Riverside County Bar Association
- Current
State Bar of California # 208603
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Price Law Firm, APC
Legal Answers
1142 Questions Answered

Q. I’m on SS disability. I qualify now for a zero co pay on of of my medications.
A: Generally, if you receive SSI, then you cannot have more than $2,000 of countable assets. So yes, ordinarily an inheritance would disqualify you for SSI... and Medi-Cal. It may be possible for the executor of your father's estate to create a special needs trust for you. Contact an attorney for a full consultation.
Q. My wife's mother died 60 days ago and her step father passed away 30 days ago.
A: Did they live in Arkansas when they died? If so, then Arkansas law will control and you will need an Arkansas attorney. In California, the original wills must be lodged with the probate court within 30 days of death. If they are not, then any interested party can petition the probate court for the person in possession of the will to produce it.
Q. I guess this is my call for some sort of help ...
A: Without a written will or a trust, your great-grandfather's verbal wishes of what was to happen to the house are not valid. A will or trust must be in writing. You uncle, as the personal representative of the estate, has the power to sell the house.
Q. I live in CA but have a guardian case going in Las Vegas NV ...Where would I apply for a pro bono service ...?
A: You would need a Nevada attorney for a Nevada case.
Q. Can my brother in law keep all inherited money my sister n i received from our moms death in 2013 after my sis death.
A: With a trust matter, you must file a petition with the probate court regarding your sister, as trustee, not properly administering the trust and breaching her fiduciary duty.
Q. Am I entitled to ex husbands SEP IRA if I am still listed as designated beneficiary
A: The probate code creates a presumption that any beneficiary designation on a financial account or insurance policy terminates upon a final divorce decree. That presumption can only be overcome by evidence of a contrary intent, such as a divorce property settlement agreement.
Q. My father won't give me what my grandmother left me told me to go legal
A: Did your grandmother have a will? The executor of the will must lodge the will with the probate court and your grandmother's property must be distributed according to the terms of the will. If your grandmother didn't have a will and your father is still living, you may not be within the intestate heirs of your grandmother.
Q. Can i request a full probate accounting if I was made to sign a waiver?
A: Yes, you can rescind your waiver of account in writing to the executor or administrator.
Q. If I pay for a joint tenancy mortgage from my own personal bank account is the account considered community property?
A: I'm sorry, but I don't have enough information to answer your question if the house is separate or community property. Separate property is generally all property acquired prior to marriage, purchase with separate funds, or received during marriage by gift or inheritance. Community property is generally all property acquired during marriage and all property purchased with community funds. It is possible to co-mingle or transmute separate to community and vice-versa. It is possible for the community to have an interest in the separate property home based on a Moore-Marsden calculation. A spousal property petition can only pass property to the surviving spouse, which without a will would be all community property and a portion of separate property.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Price Law Firm, APC
300 E. State St., Ste. 620
Redlands, CA 92373
Telephone: (909) 475-8800
Fax: (909) 475-9500