Richard S. BaronFoley, Baron, Metzger, & Juip PLLC
- Environmental Law, Business Law, Products Liability ...
- Michigan, Wisconsin
Rich is a Founding Member of Foley, Baron, Metzger, & Juip PLLC. He has a national civil litigation practice with special emphasis on environmental litigation, products liability and chemical exposure matters. He has considerable experience in spill response and forensic analysis at historical sites of contamination. His experience also includes property transactions including environmental due diligence, hazardous waste, CERCLA and RCRA issues, and Michigan’s Natural Resources Environmental Protection Act (NREPA). Rich’s extensive practice also includes business issues and commercial litigation, construction law, mass torts, product liability, aviation law and due diligence and regulatory work on cannabis licensing
After practicing law for more than 30 years, Rich has developed the distinctive ability to quickly get to the heart of the matter, identify and recommend a strategy and integrate his client’s goals into the path forward. He is frequently complimented by clients for his ability to make complicated scientific and technical issues simple and understandable. He has found that eliminating the noise and honing in on what really matters is a key to successful results. He believes that this approach saves time, money and heartache and resolves the project or litigation. An educational background in the environmental area (he likes science), provides a solid backdrop for his practice.
In addition to making the complex simple, Rich believes the details matter. After difficulties with their insurance carrier, the CEO of large solvent recovery equipment company was prepared not to like Rich when he was brought in to defend a serious injury claim regarding his equipment. However, when Rich started asking detailed instrumentation questions and discussing potential weak spots in the allegations, the client quickly changed his preconceived opinions and relied on Rich for the successful handling of their environmental work for over 25 years.
- Environmental Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Construction Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Torts
- Medical Marijuana (Licensing)
- Credit Cards Accepted
- State Bar of Michigan
- Wisconsin Court System
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice in California, Illinois, Indiana, Montana, NY, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands and Bankruptcy Courts of NY
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorodo
- English: Spoken, Written
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Michigan State University
- B.S. (1978) | Environmental Education
- State Bar of Michigan  # P33798
- State Bar of Michigan Environmental Law Section
- Former Chairperson
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Co-Author, "A Tragedy On Tap: Making Sense of the Insurance Claims and Litigation Facing Flint and Its Water Crisis"
- Claims Management Magazine, Issue 5, Volume 5
- Co-Author, "Comments Sought on State Court Plan to Address Asbestos Suits"
- Washington Legal Foundation, Counsel's Advisory
- "The Governmental Contractor Defense: A New Standard in the 6th Circuit"
- Products, General Liability and Consumer Law Committee News of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Author, "Environmental Audits"
- Michigan Environmental Law Deskbook
- "Environmental Auditing and Reporting Law in Michigan.", Speaker at the Greater Detroit Chamber of Commerce
- "All Sums", Re-Allocation strategies to Cavell (a division of the Randall Group) relating to the handling of complex and contentious environmental and toxic tort claims
- "Fractually Speaking", Insurance carrier presentation on trucking industry exposure to hyraulic fracturing claims (simulcast to 3 offices accross country from home office)
- "Frack & Fiction", Presentation to Insurance Company, Atlanta, GA
- "Fracking: Litigation Coming Soon to a Firm Near You", Speaker at the International Association Defense Counsel (IADC) Annual Meeting in Vienna Austria
- “Don’t Drink the Water!’ Lead, Vapor Intrusion and Groundwater Developments”, Speaker at the Perrin Conference Environmental Panel, NY
- “Environmental Considerations Affecting Cannabis Operations”, Speaker at the State Bar of Michigan Marijuana Law Section
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.