Free Consultation: (561) 689-6660Tap to Call This Lawyer
Richard Paul Zaretsky

Richard Paul Zaretsky

  • Business Law, Real Estate Law
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
5th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
Widener University Delaware School of Law
J.D. (1975)
Syracuse University
B.A. / ECONOMICS (1972)
Activities: ZETA BETA TAU
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 209309
- Current
Florida State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
67 Questions Answered

Q. My fiance & I are closing on a house soon but only her name will be on the mortgage loan.How can I be on the home title
A: Probably the issue is that the lender is lending the money to your fiance based on finances. Most lenders will allow a spouse or similar to also be on title. In such case, the lender must have all owner parties sign the mortgage - but you would not have to sign the note. Alternatively, once you are married you can have your spouse then execute a deed (joined by you as the spouse) to both of you as husband and wife. An attorney can guide you through this documentation so that it is done correctly.
Q. If we have an extended power outage because of the storm can we get rent prorated for this month it's been 6 days now.
A: If it is your landlord's fault why you have no power, then maybe. Otherwise if it is because of mother nature, the answer is no.
Q. Is it legal for government to block off parts of the Florida Keys where homeowners cannot get back to assess damages?
A: The news is reporting that residents are now being allowed in. However the government does have the right to protect its citizens from harm, and that includes preventing the good and the bad from getting into restricted areas. This is similar to a curfew which aims to protect property as well as the citizenry. So citizens must understand that the police state is designed to protect and serve the society which created it and sometimes that protection causes inconvenience and disruption, but overall it serves the greater good of the society it serves.
Q. are landlords responsible for reimbursing tenants for the days they had to evacuate due to hurricane irma?
A: The landlord is not responsible to what it does not control. There is no right of compensation or rent abatement for a residential lease in this situation.
Q. Left our home Sept 2014. Filed BR 2015 and it was discharged 8/2015. When are we no longer considered the homeowner?
A: Specifically, the date of the recorded CERTIFICATE OF TITLE from the foreclosure sale of your home is the date you were no longer the owner of that property.
Q. Fl auction purchase Are you legally permitted to approach in occupation before you have certificate of title
A: You can contact the person living there to inquire if they are tenants or owners. You cannot interfere with that person or make any offer contrary to the still existing rights of the owner. If it is the owner, you can discuss that you were the purchaser at the foreclosure sale and you can make any offer you want to that owner - provided it is not a threat in any way nor any demand - after all you are just a person that is expecting to become the owner but you are not the owner yet!
Q. What are my rights?
A: Are these new demands or has this been the case since you started the lease? Also, Since this seems to be a week to week lease, the rules of the landlord could be changed with one week notice. If you don't like the rules, you should make the decision to live with them or move. As for the dog, service animals cannot be precluded, but that does not exempt the animal from any reasonable rules and fees relating to animals. As for the lost lease - be more careful next time. As part of your therapy discuss with your counselor ways to become more organized - and thus reduce your stress. With more children coming you can use all the help and organization you can get!
Q. I need to file a partition lawsuit. Need reasonable and fast lawyer now.thanks.
A: The best place to find an attorney is in a local search for attorneys that do this type of work (real estate litigation) in the county in which the property is located - or nearby, as stated in the other answer.
Q. We are renting a condo. Just renewed the lease but there are several issues
A: The question is whether or not the landlord has the obligation to make these repairs. You need to look at your lease and any written agreements to make the repairs - or who is responsible for these things. The problem is that there are no statutory obligations to do most of the things you mention. Thus you have to look at your agreement with the landlord. As an aside, it seems that if the landlord was not doing these things, why did you renew the lease? As stated by attorney Williamson, each lease is fact specific.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
1615 Forum Place, Suite 3A
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Telephone: (561) 689-6660