Rhonda Mae Hixon

Rhonda Mae Hixon

  • Criminal Law
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I have been involved in the criminal justice system for much of my adult life- as a Probation Officer, Deputy District Attorney, Judge Pro Tempore, and for the past 23 years as a committed fighter for the rights of the accused in Shasta County.

Practice Area
  • Criminal Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Legal Services of Northern California
Shasta County District Attorney
Headed White Collar Crime/ Consumer Fraud Unit
Deputy Probation Officer
Los Angeles County Probation Department
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
J.D. (1985) | Trial Advocacy
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles Logo
California State University - Long Beach
B.S. (1978) | Criminal Justice
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 119870
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
51 Questions Answered

Q. I hired attorneys not sober I got evidence cant I suspend their licences bar. They took advantage of me stole money.
A: You can make a complaint with the California State Bar- the agency that licenses, and disciplines lawyers, and can suspend or revoke their law license. You can also contact a Tort/ Personal Injury cases to see about suing in civil court- There is no cost to you, unless they win ( a contingency fee agreement).
Q. Can a dashcam clip from 3 years ago showing a misdemeanor, be used against someone now, considering the rules of SOL?
A: You won't be prosecuted (successfully) for a reckless driving that occurred more than 3 years ago; The Statute of Limitations is one year.
Q. I am my fiance's only caregiver, can they take me to jail?
A: Most county jails have alternative custody programs that offer work program or home electronic confinement as an alternative to incarceration, with exception for certain offenses. Check with your lawyer, or your county jail (website) for specifics about their program. You may not need an agreement from the DA, if the jail determines how and when you serve your sentence. Good Luck!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1574 West Street
Redding, CA 96001
Telephone: (530) 244-9686
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.