(985) 747-0440Tap to Call This Lawyer
Regina Scotto WedigLaw Offices of Regina Scotto Wedig, Amite La
- Estate Planning, Probate, Municipal Law ...
- Louisiana, Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Government Contracts
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Formation, Mergers & Acquisitions
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I usually bill clients by the hour based on the type and complexity of the case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
- J.D. (1984)
- Honors: Chairman, Moot Court Board, Student Editor of La. Coastal Law Newsletter
- Tulane University
- M.A. (1979) | American History, Latin America History, Art History
- Loyola University New Orleans
- B.A. (1977) | History, Chemistry
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Honors Program; Cardinal Key
- Louisiana State Bar Association  # 16466
- Rotary Club of Amite
- District Governor District 6840 2022-23
- Rotary Club of Amite
10 Questions Answered
- Q. My Siblings and I inherited a small farm from our parents and in 2000 was the last contact I had with my brother
- A: There are ways to ask the court to partition the property. For example, an absent heir can be represented by an attorney appointed by the court to try to contact that person.
- Q. Wife passed with will leaving everything to me in Louisiana. How do I sell the home.
- A: What needs to be done to sell the home depends on the value and whether title to the property is clear of liens and debts. The will must be filed with the court for acceptance (to determine its validity) and If there are no mortgages on the home and no debts of the estate, you could either sell the home while the succession is open or wait until the succession is closed and you are put into possession and sell as the owner. There are other factors to consider, was this community property? is the value of the succession less than $125,000 so the succession would be considered a small succession?
- Q. Ok so my husbands dad whom we lived with and took care of until day he died had a hand written will it was not signed or
- A: Unfortunately, the handwritten will not be accepted by a court. A handwritten will must be dated and signed by the person making the will. However, if your husband has siblings or his dad's spouse is still alive, they may be willing to donate their interest to him. In addition, Louisiana does not usually recognize a claim by a child for taking care of a parent. Such action is considered one of the obligations children owe to their parents and parents owe to their children.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.