Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Immigration Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Bulgarian: Spoken, Written
- Russian: Spoken, Written
- Washington State Bar # 26932
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
5 Questions Answered
- Q. How can one benefit either work authorisation,travel..when his removal proceedings case has been administively closed?
- A: Employment authorization will depend upon whether the court stopped the clock or if 180 days had passed since the application was filed. Travel is not advisable, even with advance parole.
- Q. Entered US illegally 20yrs ago. Im 25, married to US citizen who had a history of cancer. Any laws that will help me???
- A: You may benefit under the new Deferred Action program. You may also be able to apply for a greencard based upon your marriage. You will need to provide more information regarding when and how you entered the US, and you will need to obtain a copy of your mother's asylum application.
- Q. How do we immigrate after a death of petitioner?
- A: In some instances the petition may move forward after a petitioner has died, but more often than not you will not be able to move forward unless you have compelling humanitarian circumstances.
- Q. Fiancée has immigration court next month, can judge give us time to get married and file a petition for him to stay?
- A: You will need to have as much prepared as possible to show the good faith relationship, the birth certificate for your child, and your intention to marry as soon as possible. You may be able to request sufficient time to prepare everything.
- Q. I am a citizen.My fiancee has been in the us illegaly since he was a child. Can i file an I130 For him?
- A: This will depend upon when and how he entered the US, how and when his parents entered, and if anything has previously been filed with the immigration service on his behalf. You may want to try www.aila.org for a listing of immigration attorneys. Once you marry you can file an I-130 immigrant visa petition on his behalf, but there are going to be a lot of variables in whether he can move forward with a greencard application.
Contact & Map