Raised in Jacksonville, Mr. Forbess attended Bishop Kenny High School. He went on to earn his Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. After graduating college, he was commissioned as an Army Officer at 20 years of age. Mr. Forbess was an Infantry 2nd Lieutenant in Korea and commanded Rifle, Mortar and Anti-Tank Platoons. He worked the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea. Ray completed Airborne School, Ranger School, and the Special Forces (Green Beret) qualification course in addition to the Infantry Officer's Basic and Advanced Course. He qualified as an Expert Marksman on various weapons including the .45 pistol, M16 Rifle, M203 Grenade Launcher, M.60 Machine gun, and .50 Caliber Machine Gun.
As a Special Forces Officer, Mr. Forbess was commander of several 12 man "A" Team detachments as well as a Battalion Staff Officer. He was also in charge of approximately 125 soldiers as Commander of D. Company, 3rd Battalion, 20th Special Forces Group. Mr. Forbess was in Special Forces on Airborne Status units for approximately 10 years. He has parachuted from helicopters, cargo planes, and cargo jets. Approximately half of the jumps were at night.
Ray belongs to the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the American Legion, the U.S. Army Ranger Association, and the U.S. Army Special Forces Association.
After active duty in the Army, Mr. Forbess started and ran Center Office Products in Jacksonville in 1981. He and his family sold the company to an international company in 1996.
After selling his business, Ray attended Florida Coastal Law School and graduated with his Juris Doctorate with Honors. He was also an Editor of Law Review, a privilege reserved for those at the very top of the class.
Mr. Forbess accepted a position as an Assistant Public Defender for the Fourth Judicial Circuit, Florida. For three years, he served the people of Jacksonville by providing legal services for indigent clients.
- Juvenile Law
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violation
- Sex Crimes
- Bond Reduction Hearings
- Misdemeanor Theft
- Minicipal Code Violation
- Firearm/Weapon/Gun Charges
- Felony Violent Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Disorderly Intoxication
- Probate Litigation
- Free Consultation
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- The Forbess Law Firm, P. A.
- - Current
- Felony Attorney/Repeat Offender Court
- Public Defenders Office, 4th Judicial Circuit, Florida
- Vice-President, Owner
- Center Office Products, Inc.
- Special Forces Officer, Company Commander, 3/20th SFG(A)
- United States Army
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: with Honors Editor, Law Review
- Florida State University College of Law
- B.A. | Accounting
- Florida State Bar # 194069
- Washington D.C. Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lecture on World Ethics
- Interviewing for Attorneys, Guest Speaker/Lecturer
- Raymond Forbess' Website Profile
- The Forbess Law Firm, P. A. Website
- Jacksonville Criminal Attorney Blog
- Florida Housewife Arrested For Burglary and Stealing Husband’s Firearms
25 June 2019
- Organized Scheme of Continued Stealing Brings Much More Than Just Theft Charges
24 June 2019
- NINE MEN ARRESTED FOR TRAVELING TO MEET A MINOR FOR SEX
25 April 2019
- IN A SEASON FOR GIVING, MANY HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR TAKING, DEFRAUDING AND PLAIN OLD STEALING
11 December 2018
- 17 MEN ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTING TO HAVE SEX WITH MINORS
5 September 2018
- LOCAL CHURCH’S BIBLE INSTRUCTOR ARRESTED ON SEX WITH MINOR ALLEGATIONS
8 August 2018
- GETTING ARRESTED FOR BEING UNSMART ON A SMART PHONE
22 January 2018
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH FLORIDA STUDENT ARRESTED ON CAMPUS FOR GUN AND DRUG CHARGES
26 October 2017
- DRYWALL POWDER LEFT FLORIDA MAN IN JAIL 90 DAYS
27 June 2017