Free Consultation: (309) 797-8000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ray Choudhry

Ray Choudhry

Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
  • Probate, Divorce, Family Law...
  • Illinois
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ray recieved his J.D. at Northwestern University in 1974 and M.B.A. at Northwestern University in 1972 with a B.A. at California State, L.A. in 1968. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Rock Island County Bar Association.

Public Administrator of Rock Island County

Public Guardian of Rock Island County

HUD Foreclosure Commissioner

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Bankruptcy
  • Social Security Disability
  • Real Estate Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • Elder Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
- Current
General Counsel
Rock Island County Board Republican Minority Caucus
- Current
General Counsel
Rock Island County Republican Central Committee
- Current
Foreclosure Commissioner
- Current
Rock Island County Public Administrator
Rock Island County, Illinois
Rock Island County Public Guardian
Rock Island County, Illinois
Northwestern University School of Law
Northwestern University
California State University - Los Angeles
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar Association
- Current
Rock Island County Bar Association
- Current
Illinois State Bar Association
Member, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
American Legal Clinic Associaition
Activities: This Association was the genesis for the many changes that have occurred in the way law is practiced. It existed between 1976-1988. The first President was Van O'Steen of Bates & O'Steen v. State Bar of Arizona. This case held that business speech was protected and bar associations could not prevent lawyer advertising.
9.2 Superb
AVVO Rating
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
915 Questions Answered

Q. Hello. I'm having some issues with my sons father him and I both have our own relationships. But have joint custody .
A: If you have every other weekend, why is there a problem. You can call the police and they will force him to turn the child over to you. As to say so over raising him, it depends on what the court order says. Seems like an old order with custody and visitation. You may want to go to court to get a Parenting Plan. That is what is used now It spells everything out. You can download a sample parenting plan by clicking on it.
Q. how long do you have to be separated for it to be considered legal
A: If you are referring to divorce, Illinois has irreconcilable differences as a grounds. You do not have to be separated to have irreconcilable differences. However, if the parties have lived separate and apart for 6 months, there is an irrebuttable presumption of irreconcilable differences.
Q. I had to give up custody of my son to my mother 7 yrs. ago due to domestic violence. How do i get him back
A: You go into the same court as gave her custody and ask the court to modify or terminate the previous order giving custody to your mother.
Q. What if I have 144 overnights in odd years and 148 in even years? How is child support calculated?
A: You could figure out child support using each number and average the two. Use the child support estimator:
Q. so my mom had surrendered her parents rights.
A: Unless there is something missing, of course you can. If she gave up parental rights, she can even adopt you.
Q. How do I object someone who is seeking to become administrator of my father’s estate? He died intestate. Thank you
A: If you have a legitimate objection, you file an objection with the Probate Court. Check with the court clerk as to how hearings on your objection are scheduled.
Q. Can we obtain a modified order based on birth of new children?
A: As long as the court order says he is the father and is not changed, he has to pay child support for her. Use this Illinois child support estimator to see how much the child support could be:
Q. Divorce/Child Support !read the more information!
A: He needs to take a look at his divorce judgment to see how much and how he is to pay the child support. If he was to pay it through the court and isn't doing it, he may be building up an arrearage. Child support and visitation are treated as two separate issues.
Q. Im still married and just found out my husband sold our home and forged my signature with a notary present. What to do?
A: forging a signature is a criminal offense. see the police
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
1515 5th Ave #430
Moline, IL 61265
Telephone: (309) 797-8000