Ms. Sirlin has practiced family law for almost 25 years. She has a unique perspective in that she experienced a very contentious "custody battle" as a child, which spanned many years. Ms. Sirlin primary practices family law litigation and appellate law (appeals). She is also trained as a Family Law Mediator and received her Certification of Training in Collaborative Divorce.
While almost all of the current practice is in family law, Ms. Sirlin has substantial experience in criminal defense law.
While always striving to assist clients with informal settlement of their cases, Ms. Sirlin is also an aggressive courtroom advocate, when necessary.
Ms. Sirlin maintains a caseload which ensures each client has direct access to an attorney at all times.
While Ms. Sirlin has primary responsibility for all client matters, when needed, other attorneys and legal assistants are available. All attorney time spent doing legal assistant tasks are billed at a legal assistant rate.
Ms. Sirlin truly cares about her clients and their families and always puts what is best for them above any financial and/or "business" considerations of her career.
Her motto is that It is best to live a life you can be proud of, do a job you love and help others. Helping others gives meaning and purpose to one's life.
It is extremely common that a potential client arrives to meet Ms. Sirlin, clearly feeling anxious and overwhelmed and it is extremely common to see them leave the meeting noticeably reassured and calm.
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Appeals & Appellate
- Legal Decision Making, Parenting Time
- Child Support and Arrears
- Jurisdiction and Venue
- Father's Rights
- Modification of Decision Making, Parenting Time, Child Support
- Relocation of minor children
- Child Custody
- Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enactment Act
- Uniform Child Support Enforcement Act
- Domesticating Out of State Orders
- Prenuptial Agreements and Litigation
- Matrimonial Law
- Domestic Relations
- High Asset cases
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Paypal
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$150 consultation for 1.5 hours minimum. Full representation Flat Fees, Unbundled Legal Services, Limited Scope are all options for you, Pro Bono for those who qualify. Effective, affordable representation, advance fees may be made in payments when appropriate. I strive to provide legal representation to all and if a client cannot afford full representation, I always discuss other options.
- 9th Circuit
- Maricopa Superior Court Arbitrator
- Arbitrator, Maricopa Superior Court
- - Current
- Selected each year to serve as an arbitrator in matters subject to mandatory mediation in civil matters for Maricopa Superior Court
- Westford College
- Licensed Real Estate Sales Person (2007) | Real Estate
- James E. Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona
- J.D. | Law
- Was impressed with myself after receiving "A" grade in Charles Ares' classes! I did it because it was a welcome challenge. Also enjoyed Kenny Hegland's contract law during year 1. Met quality students and so many in our class became successful attorneys.
- Activities: Study, Study, Study.
- University of Arizona
- B.A. | General Studies
- College at the U of A was wonderful. I received a quality education at an affordable price.
- Honors: Political Science, honor student throughout education
- Activities: Taking part in post-graduate philosophy classes with Alan Buchanan, who believed more in me than I did.
- H.S. | College Preparatory
- Wonderful experience. Despite the higher standards, I was still accepted at all colleges applied to, including University of Michigan.
- Honors: English
- Activities: Study, study, study!
- Arizona State Bar
- Arizona Court of Appeals
- U.S. Bankruptcy, 9th Circuit
- Arizona Small Business Association
- - Current
- Arizona Women's Lawyer Association
- - Current
- Q. Need to find case rulings for appeals in Superior Ct re: injunctions ruled in Municipal Ct - Mohave County, AZ
- A: You may want to seek out a law clerk, as it is legal research you need. However, if you want your work done by an attorney, then definitely contact an attorney who is familiar with appeals.
- Q. Is a biological father responsible for back child support, the child is 7 and he was just put on the b/c this year
- A: A parent can ask for back child support regardless of the birth certificate. In terms of how long back, how to address the issue from either side, etc., I suggest you contact an experienced family law attorney.
- Q. Privacy of communication between children and non-custodial parent
- A: In terms of what is legal in the State of Arizona, this depends, in part, on what your parenting plan states. Most parenting plans do contain clauses regarding communications between the parent who is not with the children and the children and a good parenting plan will include orders that the parents allow privacy for the child and communicating parent, so long as there are no concerns regarding inappropriate communications. If your parenting plan does not have the appropriate clauses, or if it does, but your ex-wife is disobeying them, I suggest you contact an experienced family law attorney to assist you further. Nothing in this answer should be construed as providing legal advice.
- Q. Is it true that any conviction in appeal is not a true conviction until the appellate process is exhausted?
- A: No. Not everyone appeals. To appeal, you must take certain steps within specific time frames. If you need assistance, I recommend contacting an experienced attorney.
- Q. If I don't like a decision from a lower court, where do I go next?
- A: You can appeal to the superior court. IF you need assistance, I recommend contacting an experienced attorney.
- Q. How to prepare a parenting plan for out of state parent. Also, looking for information on how to even get full custody
- A: In Arizona, Judges may not favor either parent on the basis of gender and I do not see mothers being favored over fathers anymore. If you want the children to live with you out of state, you will have to request the Court grant you permission to relocate them. There are endless options for parenting plans and finding out what is best for your girls. I recommend contacting an experienced family law attorney. Many practice in numerous counties and have offices in numerous counties.
- Q. do you all help with child custody in a gay relationship?
- A: I believe that under Arizona state law, you have a de facto partnership and a family law attorney can definitely help you
- Q. Will property acquired prior to marriage law remain in effect even though the new wifes name was added later?
- A: There is no black and white when it comes to the law. However, in general, if you added your Wife's name to the title, the presumption is that you "made a gift" to the community. If you need additional assistance, I recommend contacting an experienced, family law attorney.
- Q. How likely would it be for me to get full custody of my son? I am gathering information right now
- A: Custody (now called "legal decision-making authority) involves major decisions regarding your son such as what type of education he receives and what type of medical care he receives. This is sometimes based upon who has historically made these decisions, but the result will be dependent upon your particular circumstances. If you are asking about parenting time, this is also very fact based and will depend on the age of your son, how his adjustment to his home, school and community are, and what is in the best interests of your son. I recommend you contact an experienced family law attorney to learn more information about your question.