Free Consultation: (888) 343-4529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Personal Injury, Divorce, Insurance Claims...
  • Texas
Rate This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
She's a fantastic mentor and subject matter expert, available and patient, professional and knowledgable. I wholeheartedly recommend her.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton has been committed to personal attention to clients for almost 30 years dealing with Accidents, Car Accidents, Injury or Wrongful Death. The main goal is to obtain maximum compensation after a personal injury occurs. Free consultations 888-343-4529. Car Accidents, 18 wheeler truck accidents, personal injury law, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, commercial vehicle accidents, distracted driving accidents, drunk driving accidents, fatality accidents involving catastrophic injuries are among those handled. Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton’s success as a personal injury accident lawyer comes from experience and her analytical skills.

If you have been injured in an accident, you are likely facing many medical bills, treatment needs, emotions, and obstacles. Your physical impairments as result of your accident are likely a struggle after your accident. We are here to help. This accident lawyer is directly involved and can be reached to speak to by phone by her valued clients.

Family values are also very important to Houston Family Lawyer Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton. This Houston Family Lawyer handles cases in most surrounding counties in adoptions, divorces cases, family law issues, custody actions, child support, child custody, modification of child support, modifications of visitation, and or contempt actions when visitation orders are being violated. She is always looking out for the kids. She says often “I love the kids” and that it is always about what is best for them, then courts use the phrase “best interests of the child” as a standard. This should always be taken into consideration. 888-343-4529.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Divorce
  • Insurance Claims
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Accidents
  • Car Accidents
  • Truck Accidents
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Bicycle Accident
  • Wrongful Death
  • Accident Lawyer
  • Adoptions
  • Custody Disputes
  • Visitation Disputes
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Accidental Injuries
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Can retain and sign contract electronically. No need for in office appointment.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. | Law
Texas Southern University
B.B.A. | Accounting
Honors: Cum Laude; Beta Alpha Psi Honor Fraternity; Iota Phi Lambda Business Sorority
United States Achievement Award
Insurance Law
American Jurisprudence Award
American Jurisprudence Award
Torts (Negligence)
American Jurisprudence Award
Professional Associations
Iota Phi Lambda
Fort Bend Lawyers Association
- Current
Texas State Bar # 19979500
- Current
Legal Answers
87 Questions Answered

Q. Can the liable party of an accident personally close a claim made on them after they are found liable?
A: You can still submit your damages to his or her insurance company for direct payment. There may be supplemental repairs to your vehicle so it is best to let the insurance company deal with it. Sometimes, these repairs are really costly and some damages are not seen until they begin repairing it. Good luck.
Q. Cps put us on a family safety plan dated until the 12th of January 2019. They havent expended the plan. Is it over?
A: Your question is one that should be answered by an attorney familiar with your case in my opinion. Seek personal counsel.
Q. In Oklahoma , would common law marriage supersede legal court marriage in terms of divorce and the splitting of assets?
A: Your question is being asked in the Texas section. I’m assuming you used to live in Oklahoma. Texas recognizes common law marriage but you have the burden to prove that you and your partner intended to be married and hold yourselves out as such. In a regular marriage with a license issued the proof is there.
Q. My child mother placed me on child support but I never had DNA done or signed acknowledge paper. Do I owe back pay?
A: The most important thing is to get a DNA test. We could assist you on getting you through it all. We be happy to assist 888-343-4529 or 888-3434LAW.
Q. I was driving an uninsured vehicle that isnt mines was rearended while doing 60 on highway can i recover
A: It does not matter about the vehicle you were in being uninsured as to whether you can recover your damages from the responsible party.
Q. If they say it was my fault being hit by a car will that effect my settlement
A: Yes you may not be able to recover at all if you’re more than 50 percent at fault. You should get an attorney.
Q. is There any type of legal document or court order to make my wife or Chase Bank transfer house money to my account
A: I’ll assume the home was purchased after marriage. In that case it is community property regardless of whether your name is on the loan. If you are now pursuing a divorce you can ask that these funds not be used until everything is sorted out. Let us know if you need our help. 888/343-4529 or 888/3434LAW.
Q. Can she put me on child support? Do i have any legal obligation to the child?
A: Please get an attorney as soon as possible to ascertain your legal obligations and duties. You can be responsible for supporting the child if in fact it is your child. You have a right to a DNA test do it. Good luck.
Q. Hello, I am going thru a divorce. Bought a house 2gether. Final stage. Am I entitled to half of house ?
A: You've got a lot going on in your case and several questions. I think that since you are not able to afford an attorney look for legal aid organizations or bar associations in your area to assist you. Good luck to you.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Office of Rahlita D. Thornton
3730 Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77098
Toll-Free: (888) 343-4529
Telephone: (888) 343-4529