Radha Rothrock is a bankruptcy, tax, and immigration attorney with offices in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, and Naples, Florida. She has been practicing law for 19 years and is licensed to practice in all state courts in Florida and Texas, all Tax Courts in the U.S., all Immigration Courts in the U.S., the Board of Immigration Appeals, and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. She holds an LL.M. in taxation from the University of Denver and a J.D. from South Texas College of Law. Rothrock law Firm accepts all major credit cards. Bankruptcy Attorney in Cape Coral: Rothrock Law Firm files chapter 7, 11, and 13 individual and business bankruptcies. Bankruptcy may help you stop foreclosure, repossession, collection actions, and wage garnishments. Bankruptcy may allow you to eliminate or consolidate debt. Tax Attorney in Cape Coral: Rothrock Law Firm files IRS lien releases and levy removals, offers in compromise, and installment agreements. The firm also files back tax returns and negotiates payments. Immigration Attorney in Cape Coral: The Rothrock Law Firm handles fiancee visas, marriage visas, business visas, investor visas, asylum, naturalization, and deportation Call today for your free consultation, (239) 206-1948.
- Tax Law
- Immigration Law
- Free Consultation
Initial Consultation Free
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express accepted for non-bankruptcy cases.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Fees available hourly and flat rates, depending on the type of case and complexity of the case.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Member and Owner
- Rothrock Law Firm PL
- - Current
- Bankruptcy Attorney in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, and Naples. Handles Chapter 7, 11, and 13 cases. Appointed by Chief Judges in ten out of twenty circuits in Florida to handle court appointed appeals. Decisions published and oral arguments made in three out of five appellate courts.
- Lead Senior Attorney
- State of Florida Department of Children and Families
- Prosecuted child abuse cases for the State of Florida. Promoted to supervising attorney within two years of initial hire. Handled thousands of cases from intake to trial. Reduced case load in Collier County from 350 to 220 within 18 months of initial hire. Supervised attorneys and paralegals.
- Rothrock Law Firm
- Founded general practice law firm within six months of obtaining bar membership. Expanded firm to two states. Handled bankruptcy, criminal defense, family law cases.
- University of Denver
- LL.M. / Taxation
- Studied individual and corporate taxation and estate planning.
- Honors: Tax program ranked top 25 in country by U.S. News and World Reports. Received second highest grade in class, "Individual Tax Problems."
- South Texas College of Law
- J.D. / Law
- Honors: Quarterfinalist and Third Best Briefwriter, Leroy Jeffers Moot Court Tournament Letter of Commendation, Professional Responsibility
- Activities: Moot Court
- Lee County Bar Association
- Collier County Women's Bar Association
- Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association
- In the Interest of D.W., a child. R.W., Appellant, v. Department of Children and Family Services and Guardian ad Litem Program, Appellees.
- 91 So.3d 922 (2012)
- Bankruptcy Attorney Cape Coral
- Bankruptcy Lawyer in Cape Coral. Rothrock Law Firm. (239) 206-1948
- What Debts Are Not Dischargeable in Bankruptcy?
11 January 2014
- Can you Keep a Credit Card when you file Bankruptcy?
15 December 2013
- Can you Discharge Domestic Support Obligations in Bankruptcy?
8 December 2013
- Can Bankruptcy Eliminate or Reduce IRS Debts?
26 March 2013
- HAMP Qualifications in Florida
27 February 2013
- Am I liable for a deficiency on a short sale in Florida if the lender gave me a satisfaction of mortgage?
26 February 2013
- Can You Re-File a Bankruptcy After It Has Been Dismissed?
24 February 2013
- Where Do I Go to Court if I file bankruptcy in Collier County?
10 February 2013
- Can I keep real estate commissions received in Florida after filing bankruptcy?
10 February 2013
- Q. A short sale on 2010. The bank never sent me 1090 form. The IRS said the bank never sended. The bank forgive the debt?
- A: Unless the bank expressly waived its right to collect the deficiency, it has until July of this year to sue on the deficiency. If the bank agreed to waive its right to collect the deficiency, it would have given you something in writing at the time of the short sale.
- Q. How do I find out if an individual living in Pinellas County Florida has filed bankruptcy.
- A: You can register for Pacer here: http://www.pacer.gov/register.html You can also check the clerk of the court of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Tamp division.
- Q. How can i check the case of the bankruptcy, online?
- A: Pacer is the easiest way, as Mr. Bresalier stated. You can register at http://www.pacer.gov/register.html
- Q. I had a company forgot to put motor oil back in my car and they refuse to pay for the damages, wat type of lawyer i need
- A: It depends on the amount of your damages. If your damages are a few hundred dollars, the attorney fee will be higher than your damages. In that case, you can try the attorney general's office or the better business bureau. If that route fails, find someone who practices general civil law.
- Q. Can a non-biological parent claim their child on their tax return
- A: Yes, you don't need to be a biological parent to claim someone as a dependent. Just make sure no one else claimed the child as a dependent on their return. If so, the IRS will come after you for money. The best thing to do is to get a waiver signed from the parents giving up their right to claim the dependent. Keep it in your file in case the parent tries to claim the dependent.
- Q. How can I find out if my ex has been filing income tax returns? The local cse is no help
- A: The IRS won't give you this information without a power of attorney. If your divorce decree requires you to provide a copy of the return to the other person, you might be able to file some sort of an enforcement action throught the divorce court.
- Q. What administrative and record keeping procedures must a tax return preparer comply with relative to tax returns prepare
- A: You must be a registered preparer with the IRS. They will give you a ptin number. They have minimum requirements to get the ptin number depending on your educational level.
- Q. If an inmate is compenstaed for his labor, does he pay tax or file a 1099?
- A: The inmate wouldn't file the 1099. The person paying the inmate would file the 1099. Inmates are subject to the same reporting requirements as other citizens when it comes to tax law.
- Q. Do i have to keep with me a receipt of tx expense under US$ 20?
- A: The feds can ask for a receipt for any amount. As a practical matter, they usually won't object to it if if it's under $20.