The Upshaw Law Firm is a specialized public interest law firm dedicated to representing juveniles and their families.
Our Mission is to Passionately Advocate for the rights, opportunities and betterment of children, families and individuals impacted by child welfare, the juvenile justice system, school systems and Georgia’s court systems.
Our Vision is to Ensure every child, parent, family and individual receives excellent legal representation and fair & just treatment. We envision a world where restorative solutions are made available to every child, the likelihood of re-offending is minimized and the opportunity for productive adulthood is maximized.
The Upshaw Law Firm is an Equal Justice for All organization. We believe everyone, regardless of income, deserves and is entitled to excellent, legal representation, and we demonstrate our commitment to this principle by offering juvenile representation for an equitable flat fee.
At the Upshaw Law Firm, Georgia’s children are permanently priority! We serve ALL of Georgia’s children and their families, from Blue Ridge to Bainbridge and everywhere in between. We are here to serve and ensure that there will always be Justice for Georgia’s Juveniles and Families.
Contact Us Today!
- Education Law
- Juvenile Law
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Law
- Free Consultation
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Juvenile Law Client's fees based on family's income & size.
- State Bar of Georgia
- English: Spoken, Written
- Atlanta's John Marshall Law School
- J.D. (2018)
- Honors: cum laude graduate
- State Bar of Georgia # 146239
- Q. I was in a video with a group of guys who committed a crime what charges can they bring on me ?
- A: From the facts and sequence of events you share, the likelihood you will be charged is minimal. As long as you were not present during the committal and had no knowledge of the crime beforehand, you should be clear. It may still be best to contact an attorney to protect your interests. We are glad to assist you. I wish you well. -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.
- Q. When someone commits and is charged with terroristic threats or acts and released from jail same day will there be court
- A: More information is needed to provide you with an accurate answer. Did the offender pay bail? It is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options. We are glad to assist you. I wish you. -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.
- Q. Manipulative ex-boyfriend has made my friend's daughter psychotic and hooked on drugs. Is there any punitive action?
- A: This is an unfortunate situation. More information is needed before an answer can be given. For example, is the daughter a minor? It is best to consult an attorney as soon as feasible. We are glad to assist you. I wish you well. -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.
- Q. How do I switch from temporary guardianship to permanent guardian?
- A: You would have to apply for temporary guardianship, even though the mother has "given it to you." Since you already have physical custody of the child you would qualify for appointment from the probate court. There are other qualifiers for temporary guardianship, and for this reason it is best to contact an attorney who can assist you with the specifics of your circumstance. It is best to consult an attorney sooner rather than later because if mom shows back up, she can legally remove the child from your home. We will gladly assist you. Contact us soon. I wish you well -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.
- Q. How should I be handling this? Getting my own attorney or going through the auto insurance company?
- A: It is best to consult an attorney versus going through the insurance company. An attorney will work to protect your interests, and the insurance company’s primary objective is to protect their own interests. I wish you well. -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.
- Q. If stolen weapons such as ar-15 assault rifle and pistol w/ silencercross state lines in commission of felony a fed law?
- A: Yes, it is a federal offense. Given the severity of the charges, it is in your best interest to contact an attorney as soon as possible. We are glad to assist you. Contact soon. I wish you well. -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.
- Q. Can they charge you interest on child support in the state of Alabama
- A: Yes. States have the authority to charge interest on unpaid support at the rate set by state statute. Alabama’s current rate is 7.5% interest on the unpaid principle balance at the end of each month. I wish you well. -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.
- Q. What are the legal liability obligations limits under Georgia law for guardian of adults related to the wards expenses.
- A: The statute you referenced is not applicable because the ward is an adult. GA 29-2-21 is about minors only. That being said, a guardian of an adult ward is not financially responsible for the ward’s expenses; these expenses would be paid for from the ward’s income and assets. It is best to consult an attorney who can advise you on the specifics of your case. I wish you well. -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.
- Q. What are the elements of loitering and prowling
- A: In Georgia, a person commits loitering or prowling when he or she is: 1. in a place at a time or in a manner not usual for law-abiding individuals 2. under circumstances that warrant a justifiable and reasonable alarm or immediate concern for the safety of persons or property in the vicinity. However, there’s still more to the statute because there are various elements to these elements. For this reason, it is best to contact an attorney who can go over the specifics of your circumstances and advise you on Georgia law. We are glad to assist you, contact us soon. I wish you well. -The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.