Peter Navis

Peter Navis

Assistant Corporation Counsel II at Walworth County
  • Gov & Administrative Law, Municipal Law
  • Wisconsin
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
    Gov & Administrative Law
    Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
    Municipal Law
  • Not Currently Accepting Clients
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Assistant Corporation Counsel II
Walworth County Corporation Counsel
- Current
Assistant Corporation Counsel
Dodge County Corporation Counsel
Contract Associate
Tlustosch Law Office, LLC
Associate Attorney
Gleiss, Locante & Associates, Ltd.
Hamline University School of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Dean's List-Spring 2006, Fall 2006, Spring 2007
Hamline University School of Law Logo
Lawrence University
B.A. | Government, Philosophy, Linguistics
Honors: Graduated cum laude
Placeholder image for education.
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered
Q. How is the power of attorney supposed to sign the document
A: The following format is required by Wisconsin Statutes for Powers of Attorney created under Ch. 244.

.... (principal's name) by .... (your signature) as agent.
Q. Differnce between joint tenants and joint tenants with rights of survivorship
A: Generally, in Wisconsin, there is no material difference between joint tenants and joint tenants with rights of survivorship. There can be a material difference, depending on the wording, if the parties are husband and wife. Whenever property rights are involved, especially as between husband and wife, it is vital to have an attorney explain the ins and outs of the different classifications.
Q. Does adverse possession apply to federal land
A: Generally, one cannot acquire title to federal land by adverse possession as one would under 'normal' adverse possession law. However, there is, in my opinion, a little known law named the Color of Title Act, which establishes a procedure by which an individual may be able to obtain clear title of federal land he/she believes is his/hers. It is not exactly adverse possession, but many of the same requirements must be established, too.

If you want to gain clear title to the federal land, you will almost certainly benefit with the help of an attorney.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Walworth County Judicial Center
1800 County Road NN
P.O. Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121
Telephone: (262) 741-7221
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.