Free Consultation: (610) 478-7878Tap to Call This Lawyer
Peter Munsing

Peter Munsing

I represent people & families throughout Eastern Pennsylvania
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability
  • Connecticut, DC, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have been representing individuals, families, and small businesses since I graduated from law school in 1975. I believe that most people get confused by the legal system especially with insurance questions-- the system turns them around, nobody explains anything, and that turns them off. I want them to know their rights--that's why we're called The Know Your Rights People. Access to justice is why I offer free consultations, and take death and injury cases on a contingent fee--which means I don't get paid until I get money for the person I represent. Unlike many attorneys, I don't represent insurance companies to avoid a conflict of interest. Also, unlike many attorneys, I charge only for costs outside of my office---many attorneys charge for postage, even phone fees--and then charge interest on that! I went to the University of Michigan, then to Georgetown University's Law School, and have a further degree, a Masters of Law, from Temple University. I have been in practice for over thirty five years, and have represented people from adjusters to veterinarians, whose family members have been killed or who have --through no fault of their own-- had to deal with fractures and all manner of other injuries, from many varieties of corporate and individual carelessness. Some lawyers say they only take "serious" cases--I believe that any injury that causes you limitations, pain, is serious to you. Give me a call if you have a legal question about any form of injury--if I can't help you, I'll at least try to tell you who can! And it won't cost you a dime --even the call is free--1-888-PA-LAWS-1 (1-888-725-2971)!

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car crahes
  • Pedestrian run-downs
  • Bicycle injuries
  • Tractor-Trailer crashes
  • Free Consultation
    The insurance company is staffed by professionals whose job is to pay out as little as possible. Before you speak to them, you should have the opportunity to speak to someone who is on your side. A lot of law firms that advertise for personal injury cases also represent insurance companies! I don't represent insurance companies to avoid this conflict of interest. Every week I give free consultations to people who want to know their legal options--that's why my practice is called "The Know Your Rights People."(c) Too many lawyers don't care if their callers know why things happen in the law, or what resources may be available to them if they don't think an injury is "serious" enough for them. If you or a loved one has been hurt, then that injury is serious--and that's how I treat all callers. I've advised people with burn injuries, fatalities in their families, hit-and-run injuries, bicycle and motorcycle crashes, tractor trailer wrecks, medical mistakes, failures to diagnose, problems from dangerous medications and products. In fact, I'm proud that when insurance adjusters have been hurt or their family has been injured they call me to represent them! Whatever your injury or death question, call us. You can even use our toll free number: 1-800-367-5298. Put it in your phone so if a friend--or you--gets hit you can call for advice before you speak with the insurance adjuster!
  • Contingent Fees
    I take injury cases on a "contingent fee" which means I don't get paid until I get the other side to put money on the table. Most of my clients are average working people, without the money to pay the huge hourly fees insurance companies pay their lawyers. I want you to be able to have a lawyer if you've been hurt, so I set out to not charge up front fees for injured people or families who've had a loved one killed. I only get paid when I get money for you. It's that simple. Don't you wish other professions were like that? It doesn't cost a dime to talk to me, and it doesn't cost money to retain me as your lawyer. Unlike many other law firms I don't charge interest on casefile costs I advance, and I only get my costs back if and when I get money for you! You don't have to pay expenses up front as happens with many lawfirms.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I've helped thousands of clients and have given information to many more times that , and I'd be happy to speak with you about your case. Call me for an appointment!
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
1st Circuit
2nd Circuit
3rd Circuit
4th Circuit
U.S. Court Of Claims
U.S. Supreme Court
  • French: Spoken, Written
Temple University Beasley School of Law
LL.M. (1996) | Trial Advocacy
In the first class of Temple University Law School's Masters of Law in Trial Advocacy
Georgetown University Law Center
J.D. (1975) | Emphasis on topics related to rights of individuals. Practiced for one year under a local District of Columbia Court rule allowing law students to represent clients in the courts of the District of Columbia.
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
B.A. (1972) | History
Honors: Full tuition scholarships; honors college
Activities: Staff ot the Michigan daily;editorial staff of Gargoyle (Michigan's humor magazine);founder, University of Michigan Rowing Club; Environmental Law Society; active with political campaigns
Professional Associations
Chester County Bar Association
- Current
- Current
American Associaton for Justice
- Current
Activities: former chair, Forklift and Industrial Vehicle Litigation Group
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Solo & Small Firm Practice Section Member
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
New Jersey Association for Justice
Monroe County Bar Association
Legal Answers
4953 Questions Answered

Q. How can I find the best brain injury lawyer? My lawyer said mild traumatic brain injury is a small case. Trial cost?
A: Attorney Juarez is very wise. I would suggest you look for a member of the CAOC in the county where the wreck happened; they give free consults. Make sure you get a full head injury evaluation if your symptoms keep on and continue to bother you.
Q. When 3 people in same car accident and one is more Sirius hurt than the other two what is the outcome of that
A: Look at the answers I and the other lawyers gave to the other two questions you asked. Bottom line--it will settle when the insurance company sees your injury is serious by your spending as much time following up with doctors as you do asking the same question 3 different ways.
Q. Do lawyers use a measure scale for pain and suffering? For Car accident .
A: Question is how will the insurance company. What were the injuries? Can they argue about them (contrast broken/fractured finger with neck strain); did the person go to hospital? Did they need surgery? Did they see a specialist? what do the medical records say the person had--if they say "patient said he was feeling well, pain at a 1 when worst--well, they won't feel that person's pain. If you were injured, contact a member of CAOC for the county where the wreck happened. They give free consults.
Q. auto accident today.driving co.vehicle no proof of ins in vehicle ,am i responsible?
A: No, the company is. However, if you were hurt a) you have a workers comp claim b) if you weren't at fault you have a claim against the other driver as well as a comp claim, so contact a member of the Tenn Assn for Justice--they give free consults.
A: The problem is this--take a look at your insurance policy. Under "liability " it will have a figure--25/50, or 500,000 That means a split limit--max per person, per crash---in this example most one person could get would be 25, most they will pay for the total of all claims is 50. The other policy is a single limit---most they will pay for any and all claims is 500,000. So the insurance company needs to know the max value of each person's claim before starting to divide up the pie. If everyone's totals more than the limits, they won't settle one because the others may be above the limits and that would mean they had exposed their driver to not having full coverage. Everyone has to wait until the company is ready to start dealing. In some cases they may put the money into court and let the court divide it up--this is called "interpleader." As your lawyer has told you, if you continue to hurt, continue seeing the doctor--otherwise you won't have any evidence showing how long the pain has lasted.
Q. What happens when there three claimants on accident in the same car
A: If all the claims were within the policy limits, then chances are the company will settle them as they come. But it is rare that everyone agrees on that.
Q. I was a victim of a hit and run, neither I or the officer got subpoenas for the court date, can I go to small claims?
A: If you were hurt contact a member of the Md. Assn for Justice--they give free consults.
Q. What are requirements for a malpractice suite?
A: First that there was harm caused by someone violating the "standard of care" for doctors of that type of medicine--specialists are held to a higher standard than generalists; big hospitals held to a higher standard than rural hospitals. This means if you gathered many doctors in a room and said "here's how the patient was, here are their tests, x rays, history, what would you do, " if 90% say do x and the doctor does y then the doctor had better have the greatest reason for not doing x IF HARM RESULTS. I say that because I get a lot of questions from people where maybe there was a violation of the standard of care, but fortunately someone else caught it before real harm could happen. In that case, no case.
Q. Failure to yield right of way while making a left turn to a car engaged in an unlawful maneuver. Is this negligence?
A: Call a member of the NC Assn for Justice for the County where the wreck happened--they give free consults. A lot depends on where your husband was in the intersection when this other person jackrabbits around the other cars, who was where, what other vehicles. The fact someone was doing a no-no doesn't mean that other drivers don't have a duty to avoid that which can be avoided. Also depends heavily on what other drivers/witnesses say--witnesses who were not involved in this.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
939 Penn Avenue
Wyomissing, PA 19610
Telephone: (610) 478-7878