Free Consultation: (845) 727-7727Tap to Call This Lawyer
Peter Klose

Peter Klose

Klose & Associates
  • Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Consumer Law...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII SilverBlawgsearchSocial Media

Klose & Associates offers various legal services to individuals and businesses, including business entity formation, contract preparation and negotiation, litigation, buying and selling personal and business assets, and wills and estate matters. Our clients have sought representation for business, environmental, insurance, intellectual property trademark and copyright), personal injury, professional malpractice (accountant, legal, medical), real estate and probate or estate matters.

Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Business Law
  • Consumer Law
  • Entertainment & Sports
  • Estate Planning
  • Intellectual Property
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury
  • Probate
  • Products Liability
  • Real Estate Law
  • Trademarks
  • Workers' Compensation
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Negotiable and Flexible Retainer Agreements
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
New England Law | Boston
Cornell University
Professional Associations
Nyack Planning Board
River Rowing Association
Director, Secretary
Nyack Chamber of Commerce
Rockland Business Association
New York State Bar # 2586691
- Current
"Masters Degree" in Rockland County
Leadership Rockland, Inc.
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. Need help with filing a portion against my aunt for property neglect & not allowing my mother access inside.
A: As can I. Klose & Associates, P.C. 99 Main Street-- Suite 206 Nyack, New York 10960 (845)727-7727 (fax) (845)622-5200
Q. I have a very low income & would like to know what is cost to file a partition for neglect & non entry to property.
A: You may file a "Partition Action," to force a judicial sale. That often results in negotiations. Peter
Q. If my father passed away and just his name on the deed are me and my brother entitled to the house if step mom sells it?
A: You are likely being asked to consent to probate of the will, or if no will, to the administration. If the will actually left everything to the step mom, and there are no grounds to contest the execution or validity of the will, then you likely will have no right to share in the proceeds of the sale of the house Bottom Line-- you should have an attorney review the facts with you -- the internet is not going to give you fair answers because you may be mis-interpreting the facts or the law. Stated differently, don't rely on this answer to inform your belief and your response, call an attorney, call the attorney representing the Estate, learn your rights carefully.
Q. My lawyer stopped returning my phone calls and I don't even know if she's handling my case anymore. What are my options?
A: You should send a written letter to her demanding a copy of your file, and you should pick up a copy of your file If she doesn't respond in a reasonable time, you may file a complaint with the local Disciplinary Committee. Give her the benefit of the doubt and call a few more times.
Q. My sister died intestate, no assets. Her boyfriend is pestering me to write up notarized document giving him power of
A: Cant you help him in your time of loss with an Affidavit of Small Estate He does not have the right to do it, and it costs only $1 to file with the appropriate Court You need to do it because you are the heir
Q. Can the Seller's agent decline to present the offer to the Seller's due to the Mortgage Co. that we've chosen to use?
A: You have the right to complain to the local real estate board for which she is a listing agent. I think she sounds rather unprofessional, and would consider her disclosure of personal information a breach of ethics.
Q. Father and sister are joint owners, both in deed, but dad pays mortgage. What happens when he dies?
A: Sister owns house but house encumbered by mortgage. Depends upon will, but if she doesn't pay mortgage, the Estate is going to be embroiled in a Foreclosure battle, which no one wants. Here is a good article.
Q. I wanted to know is it legally required for landlords to send a letter 2 renters explaining why they got denied a rental
A: Assuming that this a private transaction between Landlord (owner) and Tenant (renter), I would say, "NO." Good luck, Peter
Q. My NY State home of 14 yrs is in both mine and my father's name. What happens when he dies? Does the house become mine?
A: Would be helpful to review the deed but if you owned it as joint tenants with rights of survivorship it automatically transfers to you If you own it as tenants in common and your father has a will the answer may change. I would recommend an attorney look at the situation.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Klose & Associates
Rockland County
99 Main St
Nyack, NY 10960
Telephone: (845) 727-7727
Fax: (845) 622-5200
Klose & Associates
Red Hook, NY, USA
Telephone: (845) 758-8871
Fax: (845) 622-5200
Klose & Associates
White Plains, NY, USA
Telephone: (914) 948-1008
Fax: (845) 622-5200