Peter J ViteznikPremier NW litigator handling commercial, real estate, and construction cases.
- Business Law, Construction Law, Real Estate Law ...
- Oregon, Washington
As a trial attorney, Pete Viteznik focuses on litigation involving commercial litigation, construction, liens and payment disputes, delay of claims and insurance coverage, and construction defects for developers, owners, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and design professionals. He has a reputation as a skilled negotiator who consistently wins cases and settles large cost recovery claims for his clients.
Pete is recognized as one of the premier business and construction litigators in the Pacific Northwest and over the course of his 26-year career has tried and arbitrated cases throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho and California. He has argued and prevailed on several important Construction cases on appeal in the Oregon Court of Appeals, Oregon Supreme Court and the US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
In 2008, Pete joined Kilmer, Voorhees & Laurick as a partner and shareholder focusing his practice on construction, business, real estate, and insurance coverage litigation. Previously Pete was a partner and shareholder for the Real Estate & Land Use practice of Bullivant Houser Bailey, one of the largest law firms in Portland, Oregon.
Pete has been involved in several revisions of construction law by the Oregon legislature during his career, including writing House Bill 2572, establishing issuing and renewing licenses and endorsements in the State of Oregon. He is a past President of the Oregon State Bar’s Construction Law Section and is a frequent lecturer on topics related to construction and real estate litigation. Pete has helped write the update to the Oregon State Bar’s guide to Statute of Limitations for Construction Claims and has authored articles on a wide variety of subjects related to construction and real estate matters.
- Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Insurance Claims
- Business Insurance, Property Insurance
- Oregon State Bar
- ID Number: 944540
- Washington State Bar Association
- 9th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- St. Andrews Legal Clinic
- Oregon State Bar Construction Law Section
- Willamette University
- J.D. (1994)
- Honors: cum laude
- Oregon State University
- B.S. (1987)
- Oregon State Bar  # 944540
- - Current
- House Bill 2572, 79th OREGON LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY--2017 Regular Session
- Construction Defect Claims and Pre-Claim Notice Requirements, Oregon and Washington Construction Law: Comparison and Contrast
- Deconstructing the Construction Litigation Case, Oregon Law Institute of Lewis & Clark Law School
- Use & Abuse of the Complex Construction Case Program, The Seminar Group, Legal and Professional Education
- LEAP Negotiation Best Practices Seminar, PGE
- Kilmer, Voorhees & Laurick, P.C.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.