We are a close-knit law experienced law firm with a doctor/lawyer, paralegal, and attorney to help you get your Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability Benefits (ERISA). Our combined medical and legal backgrounds enable us to present your case thoroughly and persuasively to the Social Security Administration at your disability hearing. Hablamos Español.
- Social Security Disability
- Free Consultation
No fees unless case won, free consultation.
- Contingent Fees
No fees unless case won.
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- LawMed-Disability Attorneys, LLP.
- Chapman Univ
- Undergraduate Degree
- Western State Univ COL
- Law Degree
- National Organization Social Security Representatives
- California State Bar # 186503
- - Current
- Social Security Disability Lawyers
- Q. Are social security benefits protected from creditors?
- A: SSDI/SSI benefits are generally protected from creditors. There are some exceptions such as money owed to federal government (unpaid taxes) or child support owed. Here is a link to another response addressing Social Security funds and protection they have from creditors if direct deposit into your bank account: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/protections-social-security-funds-bank-accounts.html#
- Q. Can Social Security withhold the formula and the calculations to offset and used to calculate my benifits
- A: If you are referring to how your Social Security retirement and disability amount is calculated, you can enroll online at: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ You will be able to see a detailed earnings record and description of how the benefit is calculated and if you disagree with it you have the opportunity to contact SSA to notify them of any errors that you may find in the earnings record. It is a good place to start for more information on that.