Paula Lock Smyth is a family law attorney who is dedicated to providing effective and efficient representation to clients in Dallas, Texas, and the surrounding communities. She genuinely cares about her clients and invests in each and every case she handles, taking the time to ensure that clients understand all of their options so that they can make informed decisions about what is right for their family.
- Family Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Estate Planning
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Senior Attorney, Mediator and Collaborative Lawyer
- Paula Lock Smyth, Attorney and Counselor at Law
- - Current
- Full range of family law practice, including pre- and post-marital agreements, divorce, custody, visitation, child support, appeals, grandparent access, name change and termination and adoption. Also providing probate, will, living trust, power of attorney and guardianship services. Extensive litigation experience, with favorable results in both jury and non-jury cases. Experienced as collaborative lawyer and mediator. Serving Dallas, Denton, Collin, Tarrant, Rockwall, Kaufman and other Texas Counties.
- Zisman Law Firm, P.C.
- A mid-sized downtown Dallas law firm. Litigation in state and federal court. First chair bench and jury trial experience. Predominantly Family Law practice, with contract, guardianship and probate law trial experience, and mediation services.
- Principal Attorney-Mediator
- Paula A. Lock Mediation Services
- Trained as neutral mediator and facilitator of negotiated settlements in all civil cases by the American Academy of Attorney-Mediators, Inc.
- Biles & Lock, P.C.
- Provided excellent client service in a predominantly family law practice. Achieved favorable resolution of complex, difficult-to-win cases, particularly two jury trials, through meticulous preparation.
- Associate Attorney/Branch Manager
- Hammerle & Associates
- Practiced in all civil areas, including drafting & enforcing contracts, preparing incorporation documents and buy-sell agreements, and handling probate, general civil litigation and family law matters. Assisted in organizing first Denton County Settlement Week.
- SMU Dedman School of Law
- J.D. (1985)
- Duke University
- B.A. (1982) | Business/English
- College of the State Bar
- Annette Stewart Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas LCL
- Past President
- Collaborative Law Dallas Practice Group
- Collaborative Law Institute
- Charter Member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Texas State Bar # 12461100
- - Current
- Activities: Member of the Family Law, ADR, Computer & Technology and Probate & Trust Sections
- Paula Lock Smyth Law Offices
- Paula Lock Smyth Law Offices Blog
- How to Communicate with Your Attorney During the Divorce
4 September 2019
- Addiction and Divorce
19 August 2019
- How Is A Divorce Different If It’s A Common Law Marriage Versus A Traditional Marriage?
13 August 2019
- Can Someone Be Too Angry For A Collaborative Divorce?
31 July 2019
- Child Custody: How Do You Manage Summer With The Kids?
25 June 2019
- How to Handle Stress in the Course of a Divorce
13 May 2019
- Your Spouse Just Told You They Want a Divorce. Now What?
2 May 2019
- How Does the Court Decide Who Gets to Make Decisions Regarding the Children?
10 April 2019
- Divorce Mistakes That Can Cost You
27 March 2019