Free Consultation: (303) 991-2207Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul Tenorio

Paul Tenorio

The Law Office of Paul Tenorio, LLC
  • Divorce, Family Law, Employment Law...
  • Colorado
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold

The Law Office of Paul Tenorio, LLC serves its clients one-on-one legal counseling with an attorney and 24/7 availability. Whether it's a family law or an employment law-related issue, call today for an initial free consultation - 303-991-2207.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Employment Law
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Colorado law prohibits contingency fee agreements in divorce cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
The Law Office of Paul Tenorio, LLC
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law
J.D. (1994) | Law
Professional Associations
State Bar of Colorado # 24905
Rocky Mountain Children's Law Center
Guardian Ad Litem
- Current
Activities: Volunteer GAL in temporary and permanent civil protection order cases.
Mediation Association of Colorado
- Current
Douglas County Bar Association
- Current
Colorado Bar Association
- Current
Court Mediation Services
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Mediator with Denver County Court
Speaking Engagements
Second Saturday Divorce Workshop, Cherry Creek
Dissolution of marriage in Colorado - a presentation by Paul Tenorio.
Second Saturday Divorce Workshop, Cherry Creek
Dissolution of marriage in Colorado - a presentation by Paul Tenorio.
Divorce in Colorado, Women's Divorce Workshop, Parker, CO
Understanding Divorce in Colorado, Women in Divorce, Second Saturday Workshop, Parker, CO
Second Saturday
Presented "Understanding Divorce in Colorado" to attendees.
Women's Divorce Workshop, Cherry Creek Colorado
Second Saturday
Presented "Understanding Divorce in Colorado" to attendees.
Mediation Theory and Practice
Mediation Association of Colorado
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. How long do I have to file a workers' comp claim after my work injury?
A: 2 years unless it's an occupational disease, in which case, it's 3 years.
Q. What can I do if my employer is harassing and threatening me for calling in sick?
A: That type of employment situation can be frustrating. Especially with a new child. It's possible you may have a claim for harassment under Title VII, however I would want to know a few things. Do you have an employment contract? If so, what does it state regarding sick leave, paid time off, and non-paid time off? If there is no employment contract, what is the company's policy regarding sick leave, paid time off, and non-paid time off? Are there others similarly situated who are being treated differently than you? These types of situations require more in-depth analysis to determine how strong your claim may be either under Title VII or Colorado employment laws.
Q. Can you file for emergency custody based solely on the mother withholding the child and their whereabouts?
A: Without knowing more about the situation, you could file an Allocation of Parental Responsibilities action in the district court of the county where the child is a permanent resident or where the chid is found. Then you could ask for a temporary orders hearing as soon as possible to allow the court to put orders in place regarding parental responsibilities (custody) of the child.
Q. Do you have a certain size of a house to obtain custody of a child?
A: Colorado law requires that the best interests of the children be met when it comes to the allocation of parental responsibilities (formerly known as custody). Therefore, you don't necessarily need to have a certain size home for the child to live in but the size of the home, how many people live there, how close that home is to the school the child attends, and how that living situation compares to the other home which the child would live in, are factors a magistrate or judge would weigh in allocating parental responsibilities which are in the best interests of your child.
Q. Can you get workers' comp from an injury you got from an office job?
A: As long as you are an employee and were accidentally injured while doing your job, or you became sick from doing your job (asbestos related sickness, for instance), then yes, you may have a claim under workers' compensation laws.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
6860 So Yosemite Ct
Suite 2000
Centennial, CO 80112
Telephone: (303) 991-2207