Claimed Lawyer ProfileLII SilverBlawgsearch
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
Additional Practice Area
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- English: Spoken, Written
- Shorstein, Lasnetski, & Gihon
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney
- Pajcic & Pajcic
- Litigating all varieties of personal injury and malpractice cases for plaintiffs
- DeKalb County, Georgia District Attorney's Office
- Head of the White Collar Crimes Division prosecuting all felony white collar crimes for the county, 1999 - 2001
- Financial Transactions Attorney
- Kilpatrick Stockton
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- J.D. / Law
- Honors: Graduated in top 3%
Magna Cum Laude
Order of the Coif
Associate Executive Editor of Constitutional Law Quarterly
Four American Jurisprudence Awards
- University of Florida
- B.A., Political Science
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
Phi Beta Kappa
Golden Key National Honor Society
- Florida Justice Association
- American Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
- Paul A. Shorstein's Website Profile
- Shorstein, Lasnetski, & Gihon Website
- Jacksonville Criminal Lawyer Blog
- You Can Be Convicted of Burglary in Florida Without Ever Entering a Residence or Building
14 February 2017
- Police in Florida Generally Need a Search Warrant for a Blood Draw in DUI Cases But There Are Exceptions
10 February 2017
- Is Drug Residue Sufficient for Police to Forfeit Your Property in Florida?
9 February 2017
- When Does the Hot Pursuit Doctrine Apply in Florida?
5 February 2017
- Can I Purchase a Firearm From A Federally Licensed Dealer For Somebody Else Who Isn’t Prohibited From Possessing A Firearm?
1 February 2017
- A Defendant in Florida Does Not Always Have a Right to a Jury Trial in a Criminal Case
24 January 2017
- Florida Police Executing Arrest Warrant Do Not Have a Right to Search Surrounding Property
20 January 2017
- Police in Florida Cannot Use Informant to Get Statement from Defendant That Police Could Not Otherwise Obtain
13 January 2017
- DUI Checkpoints Have to Follow Specific Rules in Florida But Other Checkpoints Do Not
28 December 2016
- Florida Immigration Lawyer Blog
- How Does President Obama’s Changes To Cuban Immigration Policy Affect Cuban Nationals With A Final Order of Removal Or Deportation?
25 January 2017
- How U.S. Immigration Policies have Recently Changed for Cuban Nationals
20 January 2017
- What is a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) Request and do I need one for my Immigration Case?
11 January 2017
- What Should I do to Protect my Immigration Status before Trump becomes President?
5 December 2016
- Donald Trump will be our next President, what does that mean for Immigrants?
9 November 2016
- I Want to Become a U.S. Citizen, but I am not sure what Good Moral Character means
21 October 2016
- I am Married to a United States Citizen, how do I get my Green Card?
3 October 2016
- I am not a U.S. citizen and I registered to vote and voted in an election, what can happen to me?
16 September 2016
- How do I apply for Asylum? I am here in the United States and I am afraid to return to my home country because I am going to be harmed or killed, how do I apply for asylum in the United States?
31 August 2016
Contact & Map