Patterson Weaver is an experienced trial attorney dedicated to providing his clients with first-class personalized service and excellent outcomes. As a former felony prosecutor, Mr. Weaver tried cases ranging from DUIs to felony Crime of Violence cases, with an outstanding rate of success. Now in private practice, Mr. Weaver utilizes his experience as a tough former prosecutor to effectively and passionately defend clients in all manner of criminal cases, including DUIs, domestic violence cases, misdemeanors, felonies, and civil protection orders.
Mr. Weaver has a strong background in Criminal Law. While still a prosecutor, Mr. Weaver became one of the few attorneys in Colorado to try and win an evidentiary "Shreck" hearing on the admissibility of Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) testimony in Colorado. For his efforts, the Pikes Peak Region DUI Taskforce awarded Mr. Weaver the Complex Prosecution Award. In fact, the Colorado District Attorney's Counsel still uses the transcript of this hearing in training young Deputy District Attorneys in Colorado to try Driving Under the Influence of Drugs (DUI-D) cases. This extensive background in the investigation and prosecution of DUI-D cases is an invaluable asset to Mr. Weaver as he works to defend his DUI clients.
Mr. Weaver's accolades are not limited to his time as a prosecutor. As a student at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Mr. Weaver worked to build an impressive foundation in trial practice and negotiation. Mr. Weaver was honored to be selected to participate on the ABA Mock Trial Team, AAJ Mock Trial Team, NACDL Mock Trial Team, and the ABA Negotiations Team. Mr. Weaver also acquired quite a number of intra-school honors, most notably winning the Hoffman Cup Mock Trial Competition, DU Law's most prestigious competition. In 2009, the student body of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law honored Mr. Weaver as the Most Outstanding Barrister.
While Mr. Weaver's background is largely in the area of Criminal Law, Mr. Weaver has recently expanded his practice to include Wills, Estate Planning, Probate, and Landlord-Tenant Law.
Mr. Weaver offers free initial consultations in all of his practice areas, and would be honored to discuss with you how he can help with your situation.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Estate Planning
- Juvenile Law
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Reasonable rates. Most criminal cases flat-fee. Payment plans available.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Attorney at Law
- Patterson Weaver Law, LLC
- - Current
- Patterson Weaver recently opened his own law practice, with a focus in the areas of Criminal and Traffic Law, Estate Planning, Probate, and Landlord-Tenant Law. Patterson Weaver prides himself on providing excellent legal services at reasonable rates, and in providing excellent customer service to each and every client.
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- Gasper Law Group, PLLC
- Mr. Weaver worked as primarily a Criminal Defense Attorney, handling a large variety of cases, ranging from serious felonies to DUIs to minor city traffic tickets, with an excellent record of success. Mr. Weaver also handled cases in the areas of Domestic Relations, Landlord-Tenant Law, and various other matters.
- Felony Prosecutor
- 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office
- Patterson Weaver prosecuted a wide variety of cases while with the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office. Mr. Weaver began in County Court where he handled hundreds of DUI, traffic, domestic violence, and other misdemeanor cases. Mr. Weaver was then promoted to become a felony prosecutor, and handled serious felonies, including Crime of Violence (COV) cases.
- University of Denver
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Graduated top 20% of his Class; Selected as Most Outstanding Barrister in 2009 by the University of Denver Sturm College of Law Student Body; Criminal Representation Clinic Outstanding Student Award 2008; 1st Place Hoffman Cup Trial Competition 2007; 1st Place ABA West Coast Negotiations Competition 2006; 2nd Place DU Negotiations Competition 2006; Semifinalist Moot Court Motions Competition 2008; 2nd Place Team, Regional American Association of Justice Team (perfect closing scores) 2009; Semifinalist, NACDL Mock Trial Invitational (awarded Outstanding Advocate) 2008; Scholastic Excellence Award--Trial Practice 2006; Scholastic Excellence Award--Torts 2005.
- Activities: Vice President--Criminal Law Association; Vice President--Student Trial Lawyer's Association; Member--Moot Court Board; Member ABA Traveling Mock-Trial Team; Member AAJ Traveling Mock-Trial Team; Member ABA National Negotiations Team;
- Duquesne University
- M.S.Ed. (2002) | Education
- Honors: Dean's Teaching Fellow
- Pennsylvania State University - University Park
- B.A. | Major in Political Science; Minor in Economics; Minor in Religious Studies
- Complex Prosecution Award
- Pikes Peak Regaion DUI Taskforce
- Awarded the Complex Prosecution Award for preparing and trying a Shreck hearing on the admissibility of Drug Recognition Expert testimony in Colorado. The transcript from the hearing and the resulting order are still regularly provided to young Deputy District Attorneys as a model for the issue.
- Colorado Bar Association
- - Current
- El Paso County Bar Association
- - Current
- Patterson S. Weaver's Website Profile
- Patterson Weaver Law, LLC Blog
- Patterson Weaver Law, LLC Website