Free Consultation: (870) 364-2213Tap to Call This Lawyer
Patrick R. Lee

Patrick R. Lee

Wilson & Haubert, PLLC
  • Real Estate Law, Family Law, Business Law...
  • Arkansas
Rate This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Patrick has all the skills you want in an attorney and he is a fantastic individual.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Patrick is a native Arkansan, having grown up in Little Rock. He graduated from Little Rock Central High School and served as co-captain of the debate squad his senior year. Go Tigers! He graduated from the William H. Bowen School of Law after receiving his Bachelors degree in Sociology from Hendrix College in Conway.

Patrick started out with the Little Rock firm Wilson & Haubert, PLLC in 2017 and worked there while finishing up his law degree and licensure.

In early 2019, Patrick moved with his wife to her hometown of Crossett, Arkansas to be closer to family and to take a position with the respected Crossett law firm of Streetman & Gibson, which has served Southeast Arkansas for more than 50 years. Patrick's practice focuses on family law, probate, estate planning, criminal defense, and civil litigation.

Patrick lives in South Crossett with his wife Liz, also a soon-to-be attorney, and their children: Nora, Margot, and Eli.

Practice Areas
  • Real Estate Law
  • Family Law
  • Business Law
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Streetman & Gibson, PLLC
- Current
Wilson & Haubert, PLLC
- Current
Law Clerk
Pulaski County Circuit Court
I researched legal issues for a circuit judge in Pulaski County and assisted in the judge's decision-making process and opinion writing.
William H. Bowen School of Law
J.D. (2018) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Hendrix College
B.A. (2011) | Sociology
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Arkansas
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
55 Questions Answered

Q. In Arkansas I have withheld rent due to electrical issues and refused to let the landlord to fix the issue
A: The fact that he is not hiring someone else to fix the electrical issues will not be a defense to an unlawful detainer suit (an eviction lawsuit), if he files one. If he decides to sue for an eviction because you haven't been paying rent, there's a good chance he'll win. Arkansas is one of the least friendly states for tenants in the US.
Q. Tenant got (way) behind on rent, then moved out (mostly). Can I take possession. What about rent?
A: If the tenant has quit possession, you can take possession of the unit. To recover rent, you'll likely have to file suit and get a judgment. That may prove difficult if you are unable to locate them and serve them with a summons and complaint. Depending on how much they owe you, it may be an exercise in futility to try and get a judgment. That is especially true if they had no way of paying you rent. They may not have any property to secure the judgment to or wages to garnish. Whether hiring an attorney to sue them is worth it entirely depends on how much money they owe you and whether you want to risk spending a bunch of money to possibly get nothing back.
Q. I was attacked by a security guard at a hospital while on a 72 hour hold for Suicide. The attack was unprovoked.
A: You should consult an attorney with experience in intentional torts. If this security guard truly did attack you unprovoked, and the whole incident is on video, you could have a strong case against both the security guard and the hospital for any injuries you sustained in the attack.
Q. I have a friend who has a 15 year old son who is depressed & wants to go live with his father is this legal w/I court?
A: If the father doesn't return the child to the custodial parent when his visitation period is over, the court could find him in contempt of whichever court order established the visitation arrangement. However, it sounds like the son really wants to live with his father. It may be in the boy's best interest to go live with his father if he is this distraught over the situation. Honestly, this sounds less like a legal problem and more of a social/psychological issue. I think both parties really need to assess what is truly in the best interest of this child before doing anything rash.
Q. I have recieved a code 18-60-304 demanding I leave in 3 days but can not. If I'm not out by the end of the 3 days isnt
A: This notice is simply the first step a landlord must complete before they file a lawsuit in Court to have you evicted. The sheriff can not and will not do anything until they have a writ of execution from the Court, which is the document that commands the sheriff to forcibly remove you from the apartment. The notice they gave you is the only one they are required to give before filing the eviction lawsuit. If you are already planning to vacate, I would contact your landlord and tell them you are planning to leave and there's no need to file the eviction suit (called an unlawful detainer).
Q. Easement question
A: I'm confused because you're saying the property is landlocked, but there is an existing driveway. It could be possible to get an easement by necessity if your property truly does not have any means of ingress. If there's an existing driveway, the easement may already technically exist. You should discuss the facts of your case with a real estate attorney who may be able to better advise you about your problem.
Q. I am custodial parent of my 6 yr old son . My question is I don’t want the father on the school pickup list .
A: Are you married to the child's father? The answer to your question depends on whether the man currently has any parental rights. If you have a good reason for not wanting your child to be picked up by his father (for example, you have reason to believe he may be abusive or may remove the child from the jurisdiction) then you may be able to petition the court for an order restricting his access to the child and commanding the school not to allow the father to pick your son up. You should consult an attorney to review the specific facts of your case to determine what your options are.
Q. I have recently got sole custody of my son can I change his name with out the mothers permission?
A: You'll still need to notify her unless her parental rights were terminated. Unless you got "sole custody" through a DHS proceeding, her rights have probably not been terminated. Even if you did, it needs to state in the most recent custody order that her parental rights were terminated. Otherwise, the court will likely want you to at least give notice to the mother and give her an opportunity to object to the change of your son's name.
Q. If your are married and both spouses own everything and one dies does everything automatically go to the other spouse if
A: It depends on whether the deceased spouse had any children. It also depends on how each piece of property is titled. Real estate may be titled such that it passes automatically to the survivor. Bank accounts may have payable on death beneficiaries. You probably need to consult with an attorney to determine the best course of action in your particular situation.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Streetman & Gibson, PLLC
302 Main Street
Crossett, AR 71635
Telephone: (870) 364-2213