My name is Patricia Cole and I have a long history with North Texas, as I spent summers growing up at my family's farm in Mt. Veron,Texas. After receiving my undergraduate degree from Louisiana State Universityand working in the computer industry, I knew I had to return to North Texas. I moved to Fort Worth in 1997 to attend Texas Wesleyan University School of Law. After law school, I started my own law firm where I practiced business, tax and probate litigation in Tarrant County,Texas. In October of 2003, I joined the law firm of Decker, Jones, McMackin, McClane, Hall & Bates, P.C. where I continue to practice civil and probate litigation and transactional law. In 2010, I became a shareholder of Decker, Jones, McMackin, McClane, Hall & Bates, P.C.
As a Fort Worth citizen, I am involved with the following community organizations: Clark Educational Services, Inc., Habitat for Humanity and Legal Aid of Northwest Texas providing legal services to indigent citizens.
In 2011, I was appointed by Governor Rick Perry to serve on the Family and Protective Services Council. I also received the Great Women of Texas, Women of Influence award from the Fort Worth Business Press and the Legacy of Women from SafeHaven of Tarrant County. In 2010, I served as a class member of the 2010 Leadership of Fort Worth.
- Business Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Business Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Texas Wesleyan University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Texas State Bar # 24028055
- - Current
- Texas Law Today
- Common Law Marriage in Texas
29 May 2019
- Do you have a will already? If not then get one so your family can avoid litigation!
8 May 2019
- Texas Supreme Court Rules – Intentional Interference with Inheritance Rights is not a cause of action in Texas.
28 June 2018
- Preplanning to avoid probate litigation!
5 June 2018
- Losing a spouse doesn’t necessarily mean probate court! Ways to avoid formal probate.
29 May 2018
- Estate planning in anticipation of divorce litigation!
1 September 2017
- Common Mistakes Women Make in Estate Planning!
27 May 2015
- Choosing your agent for a POA is serious stuff! Understand their fiduciary duty!
9 January 2015
- Landmines to Avoid When Taking Money from Family and Friends
24 July 2014