Pat is a former Prosecutor for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office and part of the less than 1% of lawyers in California that are State Bar Board Certified Criminal Law Specialists. He has tried over 65 jury trials for cases ranging from driving under the influence misdemeanors, to gang crimes, to special circumstance murder cases. In his tenure as a Deputy District Attorney, Pat conducted over 1,600 preliminary hearings, and spent an entire year dedicated to a juvenile division where he handled over 75 juvenile adjudication trials. In addition to his jury trial experience, Pat has handled thousands of drug possession and sales cases, sex crimes, domestic violence, robberies, burglaries, fraud, theft and embezzlement cases.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- White Collar Crime
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Written
- Southwestern Law School
- Southern California Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist
- California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- Less than 1% of lawyers in California are branded by the State Bar as a Criminal Law Specialist given their trial statistics and courtroom experience.
- Top 40 Under 40
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Law Offices of J. Patrick Carey
- SB 1391 – Juvenile Justice Reform
30 August 2018
- Thanks to you!
28 August 2018
- Mental Health Diversion – AB 1810
13 August 2018
- Happy New Year
28 December 2017
- Don’t Get Scammed By Your DUI Lawyer!
7 December 2017
- Pat Carey Describes Domestic Violence Cases
29 August 2017
- “Battle of the Bay” – SURFER MAGAZINE
20 August 2017
- Veterans Diversion for DUI Arrest – California Senate Bill 725
12 August 2017
- What Is The Standard Sentence on a First Time DUI?
22 June 2017