Paris Lee

Paris Lee

Law Offices of Lee and Garasia, LLC.
  • Immigration Law
  • New Jersey
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Mr. Lee practices Immigration and Nationality Law with a special emphasis on US Citizenship and Naturalization, Family Based Immigration, Deportation and Removal Defense, and Hardship Waivers. Mr. Lee was graduated from Yale University with a degree in English and received his Juris Doctorate from Rutgers School of Law in Newark. He is the founding partner of Lee and Garasia, LLC, based in Edison, New Jersey, and has over 20 years of experience handling diverse and complex immigration related matters as well as criminal defense matters within New Jersey's municipal courts. He is a Former Chair of the Executive Board of the Immigration and Naturalization Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. Mr. Lee has been named to 10 Leaders in Immigration Law in New Jersey by Ten Leaders Cooperative. He has also been named to the Top 100 Lawyers in Immigration Law by the National Advocates.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat Fees for Most Cases; payment plans.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
2nd Circuit
3rd Circuit
D.C. Circuit
Rutgers School of Law-Newark
Yale University
Featured as a Leader in Immigration Law
TIME Magazine
Featured in Top Nationwide Attorneys Showcase
Named to Ten Leaders in Immigration Law
Ten Leaders Cooperative
Professional Associations
Union County Bar Association
Ocean County Bar Association
National Immigration Project
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Middlesex County Bar Association
Former Chair, Immigration Committee
New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Federal Bar Association
Monmouth County Bar Association
New Jersey State Bar Association
Chair, Immigration & Naturalization Section
Articles & Publications
Facing Immigration Problems? Helpful Answers to Common Immigration Problems
Deferred Action Program from DREAMERS
Gujarat Darpan
Breaking the Immigration Impasse
Asbury Park Press
Speaking Engagements
Immigration Questions and Answers, East Brunswick, NJ
East Brunswick Public Library
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
22 Questions Answered

Q. Im on B1B2 visa and im getting married to an American citizen. what should I do to get my green card or work permit
A: Consult with a lawyer to review eligibility for permanent residence and discuss what the options are: for example, is adjustment of status a viable option or is consular filing better? Applying for a work permit is a separate issue than applying for permanent residence but you may be eligible to file for a work permit if you have a pending application for a green card. Again, these cases can become complicated. You should talk with an immigration attorney.
Q. If i got married to a us citizen but he don't work can he apply for me to get my green card?
A: He can apply for you. The issue with the financials will come up when it is time for him to do the affidavit of support, but there may be ways around it if you have a Joint Sponsor who is willing to undertake the financial obligations.
Q. I don't know which I - 864 I need to fill out.
A: You should seek the advice of an attorney who can sit down and review the financials. Depending on who is willing to help, that person may have to execute an I-864 or possibly and I-864A. There are different rules.
Q. My green card is expired can I apply for citizenship?
A: You need to clarify whether you have a conditional green card or permanent. If you have a permanent green card, citizenship may be possible but practically speaking, you may have problems getting fingerprinted because you don't have a valid card. You should consult with an attorney.
Q. I have a question regarding CSPA (Child Status Protection Act) for aged-out child
A: The application of the Child Status Protection Act can be complicated. You should consult with an attorney to review the case. You need to secure the I-130 Approval Notice that your aunt filed for your parent.
Q. i have 42 years old handicap sister in Bangladesh. My mother is here now with green card, can I bring her here?Any way?
A: If your sister is unmarried, your permanent resident mother may file a petition for her. However, there is a waiting period and will likely take years.
Q. I'm trying to petition my father and it requires me to provide my birth certificate and my parents marriage certificate.
A: Which one is the correct date? Why is there a discrepancy? You should consult with an attorney to discuss these issues so that your options can be explored.
Q. I am on cr1 visa, it is going to expire on march 6,2014 and we were staying together for 1 year 6 months. He had filed
A: It sounds like you may need to file a waiver to lift the conditions on your permanent residence. However, your question is not entirely clear. I would recommend that you seek an in-depth consultation with an attorney to explore the issues.
Q. Son accused of endangering welfare of minor. plea bargained will be deported . if he appeals will he lose plea bargain?
A: What were the terms of the plea bargain? What does he intend on appealing? Your question, unfortunately, requires more specific facts. This is a highly sensitive subject that may require research. I recommend consulting with an attorney for an in-depth consultation.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Lee and Garasia, LLC
190 Route 27
Edison, NJ 08820
Telephone: (732) 516-1717