(202) 835-2200Tap to Call This Lawyer
Pamela B StuartPamela B. Stuart, Attorney & Counsellor at Law
- Arbitration & Mediation, Appeals & Appellate, Business Law ...
- New York, Virginia
Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Elder Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Human Rights, Imports & Exports
- White Collar Crime
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Social Security Disability
- Credit Cards Accepted
only in medical malpractice, personal injury, and whistleblower cases
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
most fees are on an hourly rate basis plus expenses.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Virginia State Bar
- Pamela B. Stuart, Attorney & Counsellor at Law
- - Current
- Established boutique solo practice that has solved problems and advised businesses and individuals in situation that required expertise in litigation, employment law, security clearances, investigations, white collar criminal defense, and trusts and estates. Engaged in sophisticated real estate transactions and litigation on behalf of corporate owners and individuals. Collaboratively represented US Senator Robert Packwood and a corporate CEO in investigations by the Senate Ethics Committee and Senate Finance Committee, respectively. Represented employee of Pharmaceutical trade association who was denied pension benefits in an ERISA case in federal court. Appeared frequently on television as a legal commentator for CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, CBS, NBC, and international networks.
- Member of the Firm
- Lobel, Novins & Lamont
- Represented generic pharmaceutical companies and trade association in a federal criminal investigation conducted by the US Attorney for Maryland. Represented state governments in an escheat case litigated as an original jurisdiction matter before the US Supreme Court. see Delaware v. New York, 507 U.S. 490 (1993). Represented HBO, Inc. in its efforts to get a satellite signal theft case prosecuted in the Western District of Arkansas and assisted in preparation of the indictment and extradition papers to accomplish that objective. Represented clients in medical malpractice cases. Represented authors in disputes with publishers. Prepared wills and trusts.
- Associate Attorney
- Ross, Dixon & Masback
- Represented insurance companies in coverage cases in director and officer liability insurance and fidelity bond cases. Assisted in the representation of Adnan Khashoggi in an extradition case involving US v. Marcos in the SDNY.
- Trial Attorney
- Office of International Affairs, Criminal Division, US Department of Justice
- Represented foreign governments in specially-assigned international extradition cases in US federal courts. Advised US prosecutors on procedures and practice in extradition cases. Assisted in negotiating US- Venezuela extradition treaty. Represented Government of Argentina in the extradition of Jose Lopez Rega, formerly private secretary to Presidents Juan and Isobel Peron of Argentina. Represented the Government of Canada in the extradition of William Player, mastermind of the largest trust company fraud case in Canadian history. Represented the Governments of Brazil and Costa Rica in significant extradition cases. Testified as an expert on bank secrecy laws in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Received commendations by the Attorney General of Ontario, Canada, the US Attorney General, the US Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and the Government of Brazil.
- Assistant United States Attorney
- US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia
- Served in the Misdemeanor, Special Proceedings, Appellate, Felony Trial, and District Court Trial-Grand Jury sections. Tried 50 jury trials to verdict and briefed and argued numerous appeals before the local and federal courts of appeal. Established District of Columbia precedent in murder-while-armed-with a car, see Powell v. US, 485 A.2d 596 (DC 1984). Established DC precedent that a court has no discretion to release a defendant acquitted of a criminal offense by reason of insanity but must commit the defendant to a mental hospital for evaluation. see, United States v. Mendelsohn, 443 A.2d 1311 (DC 1982). Received Special Achievement Award, a citations by the US Attorney General for work in US v. Wright and Moss, an internationally publicized kidnapping case, and citations by the Brigadier General of the Air Force CID for work in US v. Melendez.
- Trial Attorney and Deputy Assistant Director, Bureau of Consumer Protection
- US Federal Trade Commission
- Led trade regulation rule proceeding in manufactured housing. Co-authored staff report praised for warranty law analysis. Litigated against land sales companies that fraudulently marketed lots for retirement homesites in Florida and Arizona. Supervised Marketing Practices staff and assisted in preparing budgets. Received Chairman's award for meritorious service.
- University of Michigan Law School
- J.D. (1973) | Law
- Honors: JD cum laude
- Activities: Law School Student Senate
- Mount Holyoke College
- B.A. (1970) | Political Science
- Honors: A.B. with Distinction
- Activities: politics, student government
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.