Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- 3rd Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- State Bar of New Jersey # 037762015
Websites & Blogs
10 Questions Answered
- Q. In the state of NJ, can a parent be put on child support again if they were taken off over 10 years ago.
- A: Following a divorce, courts retain jurisdiction to decide matters concerning children, such as child support. If you are being brought to court over child support payments, you should consult with a family law attorney for more detailed information. Each case is unique and you will have a much better understanding of what to expect if you have a consultation with an experienced attorney concerning the facts of your case.
- Q. I am looking to file for child support. Im unsure of what I should be requesting money for besides daycare...
- A: Child support is calculated using a specific worksheet which takes into account each parent's weekly earnings, the cost of the child's health insurance and who pays for it, and the cost of the child's daycare and who pays for it. The amount of child support is calculated by this worksheet. The worksheet is widely used among attorneys and judges alike in New Jersey. You should make an appointment to speak with a family law attorney to further assist you in this matter.
- Q. If an ex spouse was awarded 50% of a pension in divorce does her portion pass to her estate upon her death. I live in NJ
- A: Yes, in all likelihood, 50% of your father's pension that would have gone to your mother would, therefore, go to her estate. Additional information would be needed to say that is the case with certainty. Any experienced estate administration attorney can assist you with this matter.
- Q. If all heirs can't agree on one administrator, will the court appoint more then one administrator
- A: It certainly is possible that the court will appoint co-administrators if the heirs are unable to agree.
- Q. Can the executor of an estate use funds from the estate to make a donation without the consent of the beneficiaries
- A: No, an executrix cannot make a unilateral donation of any amount whatsoever, without having clear, written authorization from the decedent. You would need to read the will and any codicils carefully to see if it contains any provision for a charitable donation.
- Q. 18mth phys sep NJ, wife of 8yr, payin 150/mth based on verbal.Wil I hav 2pay mor once divorced? I make 2x’s mor then her
- A: There is no precise calculation the courts use to set alimony payments. Rather, the courts use a series of factors to consider when deciding on whether to award alimony and how much alimony to award. You should consider having a free consultation with a family law attorney to obtain more information on this question, as there are many facts we would need to know before advising you whether we think the alimony would stay the same or increase.
- Q. My ex was paying child support directly to me, but is now sending reduced payment. How can I enforce full payment?
- A: You can file a motion to enforce litigant's rights. It will bring the matter before a judge. If you are successful, you can have the court make him pay the back child support amount owed to you. Any experienced family law attorney would be happy to assist you in this.
- Q. I'm 16 and I have a court date for child support can I go alone or do I have to take my parents with me?
- A: If the court date is for your own child's support, you do not need to bring your parents with you. However, you are able to bring your parents if you want to. I would also urge you to hire an attorney to protect your interests, if at all possible.
- Q. SubpoenasThe plaintiff in a NJ civil case is trying to subpoena bank records in the state of GA, GA has stated they
- A: There are many companies that can properly serve subpoenas to out of state companies. Often, when an out of state company receives a subpoena that was properly served, it complies with the subpoena. Subpoenas sent without proper service can be ignored by the receiving company.
Contact & Map