Noel Rivers

Noel Rivers

  • New Jersey
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
3rd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Seton Hall University School of Law
Seton Hall University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of New Jersey  # 037762015
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
37 Questions Answered
Q. What type of lawyer should I contact to handle a solar company? We have had damage done to our home due to water leaks.
A: If the solar panel company is in violation of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act (CFA), they could be liable to you for treble (triple) damages as well as your attorney fees and costs. There are multiple ways the company can be in violation of the CFA. To get a better understanding of these violations, you should consult with an attorney. The damages you may be able to seek reimbursement for would include the cost to have the water damage inside your house and on your roof repaired. Quite often, the solar panel contract will specify whether the company is liable for water penetration caused by the solar panels being on your roof, and it should detail the period of time the company guarantees that the roof will be watertight. The contract should also specify who is responsible for having the panels removed so work can be done on the roof and who is responsible for having the panels reinstalled.

An experienced attorney will be able to review your contract and give you more detailed advice on what to do to move forward with a case. If you start with a consultation, you will have a better understanding of your rights under the law. As the previous attorney mentioned, you may be responsible for some or all of the attorney fees and costs, but any lawyer who would take your case should fight for the attorney fees to be paid or reimbursed by the solar panel company, if the company is in violation of the CFA.
... Read More
Q. My mother died. She was not married. I'm the only child. how do I get access to her bank account/financials?
A: Please be advised that I am not an attorney in North Carolina so I am unable to give you legal advice.

If your mother died in New Jersey I would tell you to contact the surrogate’s court in the county where your mom died and ask for assistance. Some surrogate courts have a website as well. The surrogate court in New Jersey is where you apply for letters testamentary. Though to do this, your mother must have a will. If she died without a will, in New Jersey you would apply for letters of administration.

You should contact a lawyer in North Carolina if you need assistance with this.
Q. What do I need to know about getting a legal name change?
A: You can file the appropriate legal documents with the court in the county where you reside. The court may require that you publish certain notice of the proceeding in a newspaper in circulation where you reside. This is done to put the public and any creditor you may have on notice of your intent to change your name.

You will have to notify several state departments including the Attorney General or County Prosecutor of your Application for a Name Change. You will have to also notify the Director of the Division of Criminal Justice in Trenton.

The process can be quite difficult and expensive. The court filing fee is $250 and the court has a pro se packet for name change petitions. Here is the link for the packet:

You may also hire an attorney to help you obtain a name change. My firm, as well as many others, can help.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Rivers Law Firm, LLC
77 Hudson Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Telephone: (201) 744-4321
Fax: (201) 706-7760
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.