I have practiced law for 24 years and have focused on trademark law since 1995. I have been associated with a highly regarded boutique law firm in Manhattan where I serviced many well known organizations, assisting in the building of their brands. In addition to practicing in New York State Courts, I am admitted to the United States Federal District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts. I also practice before the United States Patent & Trademark Office and the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. This area of the law is dynamic, it continues to grow and change as the internet continues to evolve. My goal is to assist individuals and businesses with trademark matters and other intellectual property matters, while simultaneously working closely with my clients to build strong relationships and brands. Visit the firm website at www.ny-trademark-lawyer.com and my blog at www.newyorktrademarkattorneyblog.com, and learn about the various intellectual property matters the firm handles.
Specialties: Our law firm handles trademark, copyright, domain name, licensing, and related contract matters.
- Intellectual Property
- Communications & Internet Law
- Free Consultation
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Law Offices of Nikki Siesel, PLLC
- - Current
- Domestic and foreign trademark prosecution. Trademark selection, trademark clearance, prosecution, enforcement, maintenance, use of trademarks on the internet, domain name disputes, and copyright registration.
- Of Counsel
- Law Offices of Joseph C. Messina
- Ferster Bruckman Wohl Most & Rothman LLP
- Worby, Abele, & Aceste, LLP
- Pace University
- J.D. (1993) | Law
- State University of New York - Binghamton
- B.A. | Political Science and Government
- Westchester Women's Bar Association
- New York State Bar # 2581445
- - Current
- Nikki Siesel's Website Profile
- Law Offices of Nikki Siesel, PLLC Website
- New York Trademark Attorney Blog
- Similarity In Meaning Must Be Weighed Against Dissimilarities In Appearance And Sound
18 March 2019
- TTAB Reverses A Refusal To Register Based On Inconsistent Examination
22 February 2019
- TTAB Affirms 2(d) Refusal Relying On “Something More” Standard
5 February 2019
- Can A Design Feature Be The Dominant Aspect Of A Mark?
21 January 2019
- TTAB Determines Allegations Of Abandonment Are Legally Sufficient
4 January 2019
- The Snack Industry Has Not Learned From Past Mistakes
14 December 2018
- Merely Descriptive Or Suggestive?
29 November 2018
- Can A Trademark Applicant Assign An Intent-To-Use Application?
8 November 2018
- TTAB Affirms Refusal Based On Mark Being Geographically Descriptive
29 October 2018