Free Consultation: (701) 640-9632Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nicholas NelsonSouthern Valley Legal Services PLLC
- Landlord Tenant, Family Law, Criminal Law ...
- North Dakota
Ethics and Professionalism
Lucas Wynne March 2, 2018
Nick is an ambitious and intelligent attorney. His dedication to his clients shows in the work he produces.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
My purpose is to protect individual liberty and provide access to United States justice.
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
60 minute free consultation
25-30% plus costs
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$50.00 - $150.00 per hour
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- North Dakota
- 8th Circuit
- Law Clerk
- Wahpeton Law Firm
- University of North Dakota School of Law
- J.D. (2016) | Law
- Activities: Student Bar Association - President
- Minnesota State College & University - Bemidji State University
- B.A. (2013) | Political Science
- Activities: Student Senate - Co President
- North Dakota State Bar  # 08754
- State Bar Association of North Dakota  # 08754
- American Bar Association
- - Current
48 Questions Answered
- Q. Child custody
- A: Your question has multiple factors that cannot be adequately answered without a full consultation. However, general speaking, a parent may bring a custody dispute in ND if the child lives in ND. To protect your parental rights, you may want to file for a judicial order that gives you custody and prevents the father from taking the children out of state. ***This is general legal information, and I cannot provide adequate legal advice without first discussing at length the particular facts and circumstances of your matter.***
- Q. Is a k9 sniff sufficient probable cause to search a stopped vehicle
- A: A K9 sniff is sufficient probable cause subject to certain limitations. Relevant circumstances include whether the K9 was initially present on scene, the original reason for the traffic stop, the length of the traffic stop, etc. In certain situations, relevant circumstances may deem the K9 stiff unconstitutional, thus not admissible as evidence. This is general legal information, and I am unable to give adequate legal advice without first speaking with you at length of the circumstances surrounding your particular situation.
- Q. Can the mother lose custody if she lets our son hang around a sex offender who failed to register?
- A: North Dakota Century Code CHAPTER 14-09 PARENT AND CHILD deals with parental rights and when they can be taken away. I hope this helps!
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.