Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Florida
- Gerson & Schwartz
- St. Thomas University School of Law
- Florida State Bar # 20899
- Dade County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Florida Justice Accociation
Websites & Blogs
- Nicholas I. Gerson's Website Profile
- Gerson & Schwartz Website
- Miami Injury Lawyer Blog
- School Bus Crashes in Broward County, Injuring 18
13 August 2018
- Apartment Building Set for Demolition in Miami Collapses, Injures Worker
27 July 2018
- Miami Uber Driver, Louis Cancio, 68, Killed in Crash
23 July 2018
- Miami Reporter & Photographer Escape Injury After Bicycle-Vehicle Accident
10 July 2018
- Daytona Beach Roller Coaster Derails Causing Injuries
6 July 2018
- Miami Resident Hilda Garcia Killed in Hit and Run
18 June 2018
- Florida Resident Jarrod M. Branscum, Killed on Seven Mile Bridge
22 May 2018
- South Miami Car Crash Leads to Multiple Injuries and 1 Fatality
16 May 2018
- 25 Year Old Struck and Killed by Yacht Propellers in Miami
15 May 2018
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer Blog
- 73-Year-Old Man Goes Overboard Cruise Ship, Pronounced Dead
16 July 2018
- Illness Outbreaks on Cruise Ships in 2018
18 June 2018
- Passenger Falls Overboard on Cruise Ship Without a Man Overboard System
1 June 2018
- Georgia Family Announces Lawsuit Against Carnival
11 December 2017
- Florida Court Upholds Forum Selection Clause in Cruise Personal Injury Case
21 November 2017
- Norovirus Outbreak on Series of Australia Cruises
6 November 2017
- Child Falls From Ship in Tragic Miami Port Cruise Accident
24 October 2017
- 11th Circuit Rules Against Plaintiff with Matching Broken Wrists in Controversial Cruise Ship Injury Opinion
5 October 2017
- Pleasure cruise sails into nausea and near-mutiny
26 September 2017
11 Questions Answered
- Q. Can you file a wrongful death case against a taxi company that refused to transport a person to the hospital in time?
- A: No. The cab company has no legal duty to timely transport someone to the emergency room.
- Q. What law enforcement agency has jurisdiction over criminal activity at sea?
- A: Generally the FBI and local port authority.
- Q. If my sons are both passengers in a car in Florida, get rearended by the at fault driver, who insures my boys?
- A: Assuming you own, or whoever the boys live with own a vehicle then your insurance will cover up to 10,000 each in medical expenses. Beyond that you will need to see if the at fault party and vehicle owner carried bodily injury coverage. If not, you would have to carry um motorist coverage.
- Q. Someone crashed into me, who will cover the charges for my vehicle?
- A: Yes. Your gap insurance should pay the difference between the fmv and what you owe. Always try and go through your own insurance company before you attempt to go through another.
- Q. We live in fl , on vacation my wife broke arm in a Va. Hotel national chain ,should i consult a fla att or grt one in Va
- A: Virgina
- Q. Are cruise ships subject to admiralty law if I get injured on one?
- A: Yes. Call me if you would like to discuss the facts of your case. 305-371-6000. You can also email me the details at email@example.com.
- Q. What are the key differences between maritime law and regular personal injury law? Can't I just hire a regular personal
- A: The answer to your question is probably not. In maritime law cases, such as cruise ship accidents and injuries many cruise lines require claims brought in certain jurisdictions like federal court in Miami Florida. Maritime law also is a complete different body of law as opposed to state law. You need a lawyer who specializes in that area. If you have any questions, you can email my office about your case at firstname.lastname@example.org with more specifics about your case. My firm specializes in maritime law. Gerson and Schwartz PA. www.injuryattorneyfla.com. You can call us at 1-877475-2905.
- Q. If I'm injured on a cruise ship, would that fall under maritime law or regular personal injury?
- A: Maritime law, not state law.
- Q. Am I required to answer all of the questions at a deposition after my car accident? I was not at fault.
- A: There is no blanket answer to this. But for the most part yes. Questions about the accident, incident, your background, and other questions about you personally are usually permitted. But some questions can go too far. A lawyer will be able to advise you what questions you shouldn't answer or what is considered confidential and protected.
Contact & Map