Free Consultation: (877) 475-2905Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nicholas I. Gerson

Nicholas I. Gerson

Gerson & Schwartz
  • Maritime, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearchSocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Maritime
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • Wrongful Death
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Florida
United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Florida
Professional Experience
St. Thomas University School of Law
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 20899
Dade County Bar Association
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Florida Justice Accociation
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. If I'm injured on a cruise ship, would that fall under maritime law or regular personal injury?
A: Maritime law, not state law.
Q. Am I required to answer all of the questions at a deposition after my car accident? I was not at fault.
A: There is no blanket answer to this. But for the most part yes. Questions about the accident, incident, your background, and other questions about you personally are usually permitted. But some questions can go too far. A lawyer will be able to advise you what questions you shouldn't answer or what is considered confidential and protected.
Q. My husband was injured on a boat but the owner is not from the US - can we still sue here?
A: Yes. If the operator conducts business operations in the US or has sufficient contacts with the US you could get jurisdiction. More information is needed. Did the incident occur in US or international waters? Is the owner and operator the same? What type of boat is it?
Q. If my husband was killed by a car airbag that deployed without reason and I subsequently receive a recall notice about
A: Yes. Call me on my cell to discuss. 305-606-8140. Nicholas Gerson Gerson and Schwartz.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Gerson & Schwartz
1980 Coral Way
Miami, FL 33145
Toll-Free: (877) 475-2905
Telephone: (305) 371-6000
Fax: (305) 371-5749