Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
- Maritime Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Florida
- Gerson & Schwartz
- St. Thomas University School of Law
- Florida State Bar # 20899
- Dade County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Florida Justice Accociation
Websites & Blogs
- Nicholas I. Gerson's Website Profile
- Gerson & Schwartz Website
- Miami Injury Lawyer Blog
- Prepare for Safe Holiday Driving in Miami
19 November 2018
- Broward County Father and Daughter Killed in Vehicle-Pedestrian Crash on Halloween
13 November 2018
- Miami-Dade Transit Metrobus Crashes into Building in Little Haiti, Injuring 10
22 October 2018
- Road Rage Incident in Broward County Leads to Rollover Crash
8 October 2018
- 12-Year-Old Girl Killed in Miami-Dade County Car Crash
24 September 2018
- Multiple Car Crashes in Miami During Tropical Storm Gord
10 September 2018
- Homestead High School Student Shandel Mio Killed in Early Morning Crash
30 August 2018
- Motorcycle Rider Struck by Vehicle, in Critical Condition
20 August 2018
- School Bus Crashes in Broward County, Injuring 18
13 August 2018
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer Blog
- Authorities Investigate Death of Almarosa Tenorio, 52, on Royal Princess Cruise Ship as Murder
30 November 2018
- Florida Resident Christopher McGrory Dies From Fall on Cruise Ship
26 October 2018
- Lava Boat Tour in Hawaii Leaves 23 Passengers Injured
2 October 2018
- 73-Year-Old Man Goes Overboard Cruise Ship, Pronounced Dead
16 July 2018
- Illness Outbreaks on Cruise Ships in 2018
18 June 2018
- Passenger Falls Overboard on Cruise Ship Without a Man Overboard System
1 June 2018
- Georgia Family Announces Lawsuit Against Carnival
11 December 2017
- Florida Court Upholds Forum Selection Clause in Cruise Personal Injury Case
21 November 2017
- Norovirus Outbreak on Series of Australia Cruises
6 November 2017
13 Questions Answered
- Q. I have a friend who had a schedule colonoscopy afterwards was admitted to the ER for severe bleeding. Almost dying.
- A: Have him call me. 877-475-2905.
- Q. Are we able to sue the company and also a person who worked there too in a wrongful death claim?
- A: Yes. If you have more questions please call my office. 877-475-2905.
- Q. Can you file a wrongful death case against a taxi company that refused to transport a person to the hospital in time?
- A: No. The cab company has no legal duty to timely transport someone to the emergency room.
- Q. What law enforcement agency has jurisdiction over criminal activity at sea?
- A: Generally the FBI and local port authority.
- Q. If my sons are both passengers in a car in Florida, get rearended by the at fault driver, who insures my boys?
- A: Assuming you own, or whoever the boys live with own a vehicle then your insurance will cover up to 10,000 each in medical expenses. Beyond that you will need to see if the at fault party and vehicle owner carried bodily injury coverage. If not, you would have to carry um motorist coverage.
- Q. Someone crashed into me, who will cover the charges for my vehicle?
- A: Yes. Your gap insurance should pay the difference between the fmv and what you owe. Always try and go through your own insurance company before you attempt to go through another.
- Q. We live in fl , on vacation my wife broke arm in a Va. Hotel national chain ,should i consult a fla att or grt one in Va
- A: Virgina
- Q. Are cruise ships subject to admiralty law if I get injured on one?
- A: Yes. Call me if you would like to discuss the facts of your case. 305-371-6000. You can also email me the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q. What are the key differences between maritime law and regular personal injury law? Can't I just hire a regular personal
- A: The answer to your question is probably not. In maritime law cases, such as cruise ship accidents and injuries many cruise lines require claims brought in certain jurisdictions like federal court in Miami Florida. Maritime law also is a complete different body of law as opposed to state law. You need a lawyer who specializes in that area. If you have any questions, you can email my office about your case at email@example.com with more specifics about your case. My firm specializes in maritime law. Gerson and Schwartz PA. www.injuryattorneyfla.com. You can call us at 1-877475-2905.
Contact & Map