Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Florida
- Gerson & Schwartz
- St. Thomas University School of Law
- Florida State Bar # 20899
- Dade County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Florida Justice Accociation
Websites & Blogs
- Nicholas I. Gerson's Website Profile
- Gerson & Schwartz Website
- Miami Injury Lawyer Blog
- Does Uber Lead to Less DUI Accidents in Miami?
18 October 2017
- Scary Collision and Acceleration into a Miami Crowd Leaves Driver Dead
10 October 2017
- Florida State Rep Wants to Toughen State Texting Law
21 August 2017
- Venus Williams Case Demonstrates the Tragic Consequences of Driving
14 August 2017
- Wrong Way Driver Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison
7 August 2017
- Ambulance Chasers: What To Do If You Are Contacted By A Case Runner
18 July 2017
- Motorcycle Accidents in Miami
27 June 2017
- Florida Supreme Court Strikes Down Caps on Medical Malpractice Damages
19 June 2017
- Protecting Your Rights after a Miami Car Accident
11 June 2017
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer Blog
- 11th Circuit Rules Against Plaintiff with Matching Broken Wrists in Controversial Cruise Ship Injury Opinion
5 October 2017
- Pleasure cruise sails into nausea and near-mutiny
26 September 2017
- Teenagers are victims in shipboard assaults
31 July 2017
- NTSB calls for improved maritime communications and weather forecasting
10 July 2017
- Maritime Injuries and Water-Based Activities
27 June 2017
- Cruise ship trips not always smooth sailing
19 June 2017
- Cruise Ship Drownings
5 June 2017
- Cruise line sued for Mother’s Day overboard death
8 May 2017
- Inadequate safety features blamed for cruise ship deaths
2 May 2017
7 Questions Answered
- Q. Someone crashed into me, who will cover the charges for my vehicle?
- A: Yes. Your gap insurance should pay the difference between the fmv and what you owe. Always try and go through your own insurance company before you attempt to go through another.
- Q. Are cruise ships subject to admiralty law if I get injured on one?
- A: Yes. Call me if you would like to discuss the facts of your case. 305-371-6000. You can also email me the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q. What are the key differences between maritime law and regular personal injury law? Can't I just hire a regular personal
- A: The answer to your question is probably not. In maritime law cases, such as cruise ship accidents and injuries many cruise lines require claims brought in certain jurisdictions like federal court in Miami Florida. Maritime law also is a complete different body of law as opposed to state law. You need a lawyer who specializes in that area. If you have any questions, you can email my office about your case at email@example.com with more specifics about your case. My firm specializes in maritime law. Gerson and Schwartz PA. www.injuryattorneyfla.com. You can call us at 1-877475-2905.
- Q. If I'm injured on a cruise ship, would that fall under maritime law or regular personal injury?
- A: Maritime law, not state law.
- Q. Am I required to answer all of the questions at a deposition after my car accident? I was not at fault.
- A: There is no blanket answer to this. But for the most part yes. Questions about the accident, incident, your background, and other questions about you personally are usually permitted. But some questions can go too far. A lawyer will be able to advise you what questions you shouldn't answer or what is considered confidential and protected.
- Q. My husband was injured on a boat but the owner is not from the US - can we still sue here?
- A: Yes. If the operator conducts business operations in the US or has sufficient contacts with the US you could get jurisdiction. More information is needed. Did the incident occur in US or international waters? Is the owner and operator the same? What type of boat is it?
- Q. If my husband was killed by a car airbag that deployed without reason and I subsequently receive a recall notice about
- A: Yes. Call me on my cell to discuss. 305-606-8140. Nicholas Gerson Gerson and Schwartz.
Contact & Map