Free Consultation: (910) 200-1960Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nellie T Schulz

Nellie T Schulz

Sophisticated, Friendly Business and Real Estate Practice
  • Real Estate Law, Business Law
  • Pennsylvania
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Mrs. Schulz is a highly talented and friendly attorney who enjoys providing superior legal advice in the areas of Real Property (commercial and residential) and Business (including contracts of all kinds). Her fees are designed to be affordable for all clients.

Practice Areas
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • Free Consultation
    I provide free phone consultations for up to 20 minutes to potential clients. Note: An attorney/client relationship does not begin until you have agreed to in writing.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Clarity and mutual understanding are the cornerstones of a successful attorney/client relationship. That is why I spell out in writing (by way of an engagement agreement signed by both of us) the work I will do for you and the total cost. An earned, non-refundable retainer is required before beginning any work for you. I most often work on a flat fee basis as contained in the engagement letter - so there no surprise charges. Also, I accept payment through Venmo and Zelle.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
ID Number: 46262
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Nellie T. Schulz, Esquire
- Current
Senior Attorney
Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Real Estate Group.
Corporate Counsel
GMAC Mortgage Company
Secondary mortgage market
General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
General Counsel in charge of every aspect of the company's real estate holdings and mortgage lending activities, as well as its insurance companies.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Real Estate Group and Business & Finance Department
Real Estate, Mortgage Origination, and Business & Finance Attorney
Thacher Proffitt & Wood
Represented major US and foreign commercial banks and financial institutions; insurance companies; and pension funds in their real estate lending and commercial mortgage securitizations: ? Loan originations (permanent, construction, interim, and mini-perms) for commercial properties, including regional malls, strip centers, office buildings, hotels, residential complexes - Mortgage-backed securities (commercial mortgages); whole and bulk loan sales, purchases, pledges and financings; mortgage loan participation agreements and syndications; servicing and master servicing agreements -Represented major financial institution in the first issuance of commercial mortgage-backed securities. These were in the form of pass-through certificates. - Primary drafter of first Mortgage Pooling and Servicing Agreement for Commercial Mortgages, which become the standard for the industry.
Villanova University School of Law
J.D. | Law
Villanova University School of Law Logo
Columbia University
B.A. (1976) | History
Columbia University Logo
Excellence in Writing: Law
The Scriveners Society
The Society recognizes persons with particularly excellent skills in writing.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Pennsylvania  # 46262
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Ladner's "On Conveyancing in Pennsylvania", Revised 4th Edition
George T. Bisel Company
Legal Answers
31 Questions Answered
Q. Can a landlord reclaim the property when you have a month to month lease that has expired without evicting you?
A: The law in Pennsylvania is that on the date that the term of a lease expires, the lease itself expires and terminates. If a lease terminates, it terminates and no longer exists. This means the tenant no longer has any right to remain at the leased premises and the tenant must vacate the leased premises. No eviction lawsuit is required for the lease to terminate when it says it terminates, but under Pennsylvania's Landlord Tenant Act, the landlord has the right to sue a tenant in eviction in the case where the tenant did not move out before the lease terminated. In addition, the landlord has the right, in the same eviction lawsuit, to demand the tenant pay to the landlord money for damages, court costs, filing fees, and (perhaps) attorneys fees. The money judgement awarded by the court is automatically a lien against the tenant's property and the court may issue additional orders, if requested, to collect the money owed, which could be orders to the tenant's bank, employer or taxing authorities to compel payment. The money damages demanded by a landlord could include money lost by the landlord as a direct result of the tenant's failure to move out on time. All of the above should apply unless the lease agreement has provisions clearly to the contrary. To avoid the cost, stress and time involved in a lawsuit a tenant has little chance to win, many tenants try to meet personally with the landlord, in a calm, unemotional and reasonable frame of mind, to try to find an alternative that is acceptable to both of them.
Q. I just signed closing documents for a real estate property in North Carolina through an attorney on December 11th.
A: I simply changed the governing state law to North Carolina, where the property is located.
Q. I recently did a mail away and signed documents for a house closing. I am mailing back package overnight.
A: Perhaps some attorney much more brilliant than myself could make some sense of your question, but I can't. Would you ask it again and include more details? Some examples: Are you the buyer or the seller? What documents did you sign ? To whom are you sending the documents? Is a title insurance company handling the closing ? Are any realtors involved? Who is preparing the deed? I assume you already signed a purchase and sale agreement, that neither the buyer nor the seller has engaged an attorney for the transaction, and your concern about mailing the documents. involves the date the closing.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Main Office
Philadlephia, PA, USA
Telephone: (910) 200-1960
Cell: (910) 200-1960
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.