Nancy Hui

Nancy Hui

Focus in probate, estate planning and guardianship
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

An experienced attorney who takes pride in helping clients through a difficult time when they lose one of their loved ones by guiding them through the probate process.

Nancy is very knowledgeable in tax law and is skilled in developing estate plans that meet you and your family's needs while providing asset protection and minimizing tax liability. Nancy is one of the few estate planning attorneys who is proficient in international estate planning, counseling clients who own assets outside of the United States, as well as advising the soon to be immigrants in navigating the tax system in the U.S.

Nancy speaks fluent Cantonese.

Practice Areas
Probate Administration
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Elder Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • International estate planning, pre immigration planning
  • Asset protection
Video Conferencing
  • Zoom
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fee; hourly fee
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Cantonese: Spoken, Written
Boston University School of Law
LL.M. | Tax (focus in estate planning)
Boston University School of Law Logo
Boston University
Certificate in Estate Planning (2020)
Boston University Logo
University of Houston Law Center
J.D. (2003) | Law
University of Houston Law Center Logo
Professional Associations
Brazoria County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Houston Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
Full Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Wealth Counsel
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Law Office of Nancy Hui
- Current
Activities: Experienced in wills, probate, estate planning and guardianship proceedings
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
FDA's Proposed Rules on Patent Listing Requirements for New Drug and 30-month Stays on ANDA Approval
Annals of Health Law, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Certified Guardianship Ad Litem Attorney
Texas State Bar
Registered Patent Attorney
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Nancy Hui
Online seminars
Legal Answers
68 Questions Answered
Q. My cousin has $ 461.00 in Bank of America . She died in Indonesia..I am the executor and want to send this to Indonesia.
A: You said you are an executor so there has to be a will. Where this $461 goes will depend on what the will says. Not "you want to send this to Indonesia". The fact that she died im Indonesia also complicates the situation. there are other factors to consider if probate should be done in the U.S. or in Indonesia. Even if we assume that probate should be done in the U.s., you are correct that the cost of probate (even the simplified route such as small estate affidavit) still will cost more than $461 when adding legal fee together with filing fee. I would suggest that you check with BoA and see if by any chance there is a payable on death designation in her account. If you are lucky, she may have set up a P.O.D. Then you don't need probate to get access to the money. ... Read More
Q. MY father passed away 7 yrs ago I did probate the will, my mother still lives but living in a nursing home. The house
A: therr are not enough details of your case for a full analysis. For example, what does the power of attorney cover. Is your mother mentally competent now. Who are the owners of the house. Who are the heirs of your mother. What other assets does your mother have. Is she getting any medicaid benefits. Depending on what the answers are to those questions, you may or may not have right to the house. There are also various ways to try and have the house pass down to you. You will need to discuss your case with an attorney.
Q. Mom dies with no will. What happens if no one probates?
A: I Supposed what you were asking is what will happen to her assets if her estate is not probated. If that is the case, it means that none of her assets can change hand. If she owns a house, the house will stay in the name of her estate. Same thing for money in her bank accounts, investment accounts etc. There is, however, an exception. If the assets are "non probate" assets, eg joint account with right of survivorship, or a IRA account with designated beneficary, then those assets can pass to the beneficiaries without the need for probate. As you can see, the end results can be quite different depending on the facts. To get your situation fully analyzed, you should consult an atto rney. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Nancy Hui, LLC
11200 Broadway Street
Suite 2743
Pearland, TX 77584
Telephone: (281) 826-2635
Fax: (281) 489-2638
North Houston Office (By appointment only)
24624 Interstate 45 North
Suite 200
Spring, TX 77386
Telephone: (281) 826-2635
Fax: (281) 489-2638
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.