California Civil Appeals, State & Federal
Myron Moskovitz served as law clerk to Justice Raymond E. Peters of the California Supreme Court. He is the author of Winning An Appeal (Carolina Academic Press, 4th ed.) and Moskovitz On Appeal (LexisNexis, 2015). He has handled and consulted on many appeals, both in state and federal courts. Although appellate courts reverse in civil cases only about 20% of the time, he has won reversals in more than 70% of his civil cases in which he represented appellants.
He is Professor of Law Emeritus at Golden Gate University, where he taught Constitutional Law and Advanced Appellate Advocacy. He also directed the Appellate Advocacy Institute, where he hosted moot courts for lawyers with cases pending in appellate courts. Professor Moskovitz received his J.D. from Boalt Hall, where he was on Law Review and received the Order of the Coif.
He is now Legal Director of Moskovitz Appellate Team. See website at MoskovitzAppellateTeam.com. The Team includes former appellate judges, both state and federal, as well as former appellate law clerks. These lawyers have an insider’s view of how appellate courts will see your case.
The Team provides representation, evaluation, consultation, and moot courts – for writs and appeals, state and federal.
To discuss your options for appeals or writs, contact Moskovitz at 510-384-0354 or email@example.com.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Myron Moskovitz charges either an hourly or a flat fee.
- 2nd Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Professor of Law
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- J.D. (1964)
- Univ of California Berkeley
- B.S. (1960)
- John Gorfunkel Outstanding Professor Award
- Golden Gate University
- California State Bar # 36476
- - Current
- Moskovitz On Appeal
- Cases and Problems in Criminal Procedure: The Police, Sixth Edition
- Matthew Bender
- Cases and Problems in Criminal Procedure: The Courtroom, Fifth Edition, 2009
- Matthew Bender publication
- Winning An Appeal, 4th edition
- California Academic Press
- Moskovitz Appellate Team Blog
- It's All in the Timing
17 September 2019
- A recent Supreme Court oral argument
11 August 2019
- Little Things Mean A Lot
9 June 2019
- Easy on the Adjectives
2 May 2019
- They Got It All Wrong!
20 January 2019
- A "Great Brief" Makes Good Use of the Record
10 December 2018
- Effective Brief-Writing: The Reply Brief
25 September 2018
- Oral Argument - The Delivery
16 August 2018
- Setting Up A Moot Court
14 June 2018