Free Consultation: (210) 229-8300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Shannon Willis Locke

Mr. Shannon Willis Locke

The Locke Law Group
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
I have interacted with and tried cases against many attorneys in my brief career. Shannon is at the top tier of attorneys that I've worked with or against.
Client Reviews
Reviewed by D. Pearson December 30, 2019
I needed the best criminal defense attorney
I reached out to Mr. Locke when my previous defense attorney didn’t come through for me. Once I reached out to Mr Locke, he was able to give me piece of mind, he lead me in the right direction and gave me representation that only a seasoned criminal defense attorney can offer, or back up. When I saw Mr. Locke for the first time after my unexpected absence, he was nothing but thorough yet stern. He was able to get the job done. Compassion was a great attribute. Thank you Mr Locke !
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII PlatinumSocial MediaResponsive Law

Shannon Locke is a San Antonio, Texas criminal defense attorney. A former White Collar Crime Prosecutor he has been fighting for his clients accused of crime for the past fifteen years. During his time as a criminal defense attorney he has successfully tried murder, manslaughter, aggravated assault, domestic violence, and DWI cases.

He believes that a good lawyer is a good problem solver. Your criminal case poses a threat to your livelihood, your family and to your freedom. An aggressive attorney listens to your goals and develops a strategy for achieving those goals while advising you about your risks.

When you come into see me I will get a complete idea of how the criminal case is affecting your life. I will then tell you the strategies I will use to help resolve your case. No matter what your situation our goal is to minimize the consequences that you experience.

At the end of the consultation we will discuss payment plans and I will provide you with my cell phone.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free consultation to every client who calls me. I will meet with you in person and give you my insight into your case. I will not charge you even if you never hire me.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I determine the rates and retainer that I will charged based on the complexity of the case and my client's goals. My client and I determine what strategies we will be pursuing and come to an agreement about appropriate costs. I am willing to work out payment plans with my clients so that the cost is spread out over time.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken
University Of Arizona
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Placeholder image for education.
Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys
The National Trial Lawyers
Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorney
2019 Top Ten in Client Satisfaction
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Top Ten Criminal Defense Attorney in Client Satisfaction
Professional Associations
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar # 24048623
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Board Certified in Criminal Law
Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
17 Questions Answered

Q. When are my charges automatically dropped?
A: I agree with the above. I would add that there is a two year statute of limitations. Once someone is arrested (or cited) for marijuana possession the District Attorney's Office has two years to file an information on the case. If you posted a bond and were magistrated a court date will be mailed to the address provided at the time of the arrest. If you were cited and released without an arrest you will be given a court date and you will have to appear and be prepared to post a bond. It makes sense to hire a lawyer to stay on top of something like this so that there are no surprises. It is especially important if you are out of state because lawyers can move your court date and save you unnecessary trips. Good luck
Q. My fiancees lawyer will not return calls or even tried to contact us at all since her release in October
A: Not being able to speak to your lawyer is no reason to run away from charges. If you have not communicated with your lawyer you need to hire a different lawyer. If your lawyer is court appointed ask to approach the judge when you go to court and ask for a new court appointed lawyer because your lawyer is not communicating with you. However, you should understand that all good lawyers are busy. Criminal cases are usually back loaded where most of the work occurs at the end rather than at the beginning. While there is no good excuse for not returning calls, the lawyer may have more pressing business, and may know that your fiancee is not facing any imminent decisions in the near future. At the end of the day, if you run away no lawyer will be able to avoid a warrant being issued, and she will have her bond forfeited. So, best to just hang tight and see if you can get on the same page as your lawyer at your next court date.
Q. Can u be charged and warrant issued for a Charge u didn't have or knew anything bout til u get arrested
A: Unfortunately, this happens frequently. If your boyfriend was not arrested at the time of the offense, but was a suspect in the case he would not be aware of a warrant until after the District Attorney's Office has taken the case to the Grand Jury. All this means is that the prosecutor presented enough evidence for the Grand Jury to find that probable cause existed that your boyfriend committed the crime. This is a very low standard and many times even cases that have been indicted get dismissed. It is important that you not discuss anything with your boyfriend as all in custody conversations are recorded, and admitting any knowledge of the burglary may be used against him (along with anything else he tells you). It is a good idea to hire a lawyer under these circumstances as a lawyer will be able to find out more about what is going on, and possibly get his bond reduced.
Q. My mom is in jail for failure to stop at red light but also has a theft by check over 500 under 1500 bck in 07
A: You should immediately post her bond and get her out of there. Some attorneys, like our firm, post attorney bonds to better serve our clients. Once your mom is out your attorney can begin working on getting your mother's case dismissed. Good luck. This is a scary problem but fixable in the hands of the right lawyer.
Q. Can someone who has a warrant in another state for a misdemenor get arrested for that warrant in another state?
A: The answer is yes. Once you have a warrant for your arrest any police officer who contacts you and is aware of the warrant can arrest you. However, the State that issued the warrant would have to extradite you (pay to have you brought to its jurisdiction). Sometimes, the State will put in its warrant that it will not extradite telling police officers (in effect) not to make the arrest unless you are found in the State that issued the warrant. The best plan is to take care of the warrant, and hire a lawyer to make a plan to get that to happen. Good luck.
Q. Is there a way a lawyer can recall a warrant ? What would be the steps ... maybe fees even ? How much
A: You need to call the lawyer so the lawyer can look into this and give you specific advice tailored to your situation and the county with the warrant. Some warrants can be recalled and others can't. It depends on the judge and the specific situation. Good luck and schedule an appointment with an attorney.
Q. If I have a warrant in the next County where I live. For a failure to appear . My question is can i renew ID Card
A: If you have a warrant for your arrest you will be arrested the next time you come in contact with a police officer. Warrants, especially for misdemeanor cases, are extremely easy to resolve. Hire a lawyer and follow their advice. However, if you go renew your ID you will very likely be arrested by the police officer they keep at DPS for just this reason. Take care of your warrant before you get your ID. Good luck.
Q. Freedom of Information Act in state of Tx. Can an inmate or family of inmate request such info from county office?
A: Appeals have very specific time lines and requirements. You should consult with an attorney, (our first consultation is free) and we will let you know what your options. Some of the information that you are seeking cannot be found at the District Clerk's office and can only be discovered by an attorney who is representing your loved one. It might be that you need to appeal your loved one's case, or you may need to file what is called a writ alleging constitutional error. At any rate, it would help to sit down one on one with an attorney and discuss potential strategies for overturning your loved one's conviction. We practice in Bexar County and would be glad to sit down and discuss this with you.
Q. Can an attorney help clear a misdemeanor warrant from 1988?
A: Absolutely. There are two ways an attorney can help. First, the attorney can see if the State is willing to dismiss the case. Second, the attorney can work with the authorities to get you turned AND get you released. Many times prosecutors won't dismiss a case while a warrant is outstanding, but if they can be shown that case cannot be proven they may just change their mind. You also have a Constitutional right to a speedy trial, and that right can be asserted after the warrant is cleared.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Brook Hollow
15160 San Pedro
San Antonio, TX 78232
Downtown Office
1008 S. Alamo
San Antonio, TX 78210
Telephone: (210) 229-8300
Fax: (210) 229-8301