Free Consultation: (888) 440-4872Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Raymond Lahoud

Mr. Raymond Lahoud

NY, NJ, and PA's Leading Immigration Attorney
  • Immigration Law
  • Board of Immigration Appeals, New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Raymond G. Lahoud, a Partner at Norris McLaughlin & Marcus and Chair of its Immigration Law Practice, focuses primarily on immigration law and deportation defense for individuals and corporations in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania (Easton, Bethlehem, Allentown, and the surrounding region). His practice includes Citizenship, U.S. Non-Immigration Visas, E Visas, E-3 Visas, H-1B Visas, H-2B Visas, L Visas, O Visas, P Visas, Q Visas, R Visas, TN Visas, U.S. Immigration Visas, EB5 Investor Visas, Exceptional Ability Immigrant Visas, Extraordinary Ability Immigrant Visas, K-1 Visas, K-3 Visas, Multinational Manager/Executive Immigrant Visas, Outstanding Professor/Researcher Immigrant Visas, PERM Labor Certification, Family Petitions, Adjustment of Status, Marriage Petitions, Asylum, and VAWA applications. Ray also has a long history of political and business management expertise. Ray also works in the field of Immigration Waivers, such as the Visa Waiver Program, National Interest Waivers, Hardship Waivers, and J Waivers. His practice focuses specifically on Deportation Defense, at the Immigration Court, Board of Immigration Appeals, and Circuit Court levels. He has defended individuals against deportation across the United States. In state and federal appellate courts, he seeks post-conviction relief for the underlying crime that led to the commencement of the deportation. He also represents individuals who overstayed their visas or entered the United States without inspection. Ray has received numerous accolades. He has been awarded the Empire State Pro Bono Counsel Award each year since 2012, has been selected as Lead Counsel, and has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, ranked as a Top Rated Immigration Attorney in the New York Metro Area. He has also recently been named in the Lehigh Valley Business Forty Under 40. In law school, Ray earned Deans List, received CALI awards in many courses, and worked on the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations are provided in person, in prison, in immigration custody, over the phone and, over a secured internet service.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards are accepted, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Rates vary by the matter provided. Normally, Immigration Law matters are provided flat fees, while Deportation Matters are provided a "cap" amount and are billed from that point forward. Norris McLaughlin provides value based billing, so that all clients pay the price for the work provided.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Board of Immigration Appeals
New York
2nd Circuit
3rd Circuit
9th Circuit
Court of Federal Claims
Court of International Trade
The Immigration Courts: Executive Office for Immigration Review
US District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States Court for the Armed Forces
United States Tax Court
  • Arabic: Spoken, Written
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Partner and Chair of the Immigration Practice Group
Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A.
- Current
Norris McLaughlin & Marcus provides a full-service immigration practice whose trained professionals have extensive experience in the field of immigration law. The Immigration Law Group is skilled in all types of immigration matters and representation before the nation’s immigration-related agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Executive Office for Immigration Review, Board of Immigration Appeals, Department of State, United States Embassies and Consulates, Department of Labor, and any other federal agency, whether in the United States or overseas. The attorneys in the Immigration Law Group are experience members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. The Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Immigration Practice is broad in scope, with extensive national and global capabilities, to serve individuals and families; small, mid-size, and large businesses; national and international corporations; non-profits, hospitals, universities, colleges, and research institutions; manufacturers, importers, exporters, investors, and others, to allow for ease in clients’ global mobility.
Managing Attorney, Deportation Defense - New York City
Baurkot & Baurkot: The Immigration Law & Deportation Defense Firm
While at Baurkot & Baurkot, Immigration Attorney Raymond Lahoud has handled an extensive amount of immigration, appellate and deportation matters across the nation, with his focus on New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Attorney Lahoud has handled the toughest of deportation and immigration matters, ranging from your basic family petitions, to the grants of asylum, cancellation of removal, Board of Immigration Appeals and oral arguments, Petitions for Review before several federal circuit courts, bond hearings and, among other areas of practice, habeas petitions challenging the due process concerns of certain removal/deportation proceedings as well as the mandatory detention of immigrants for long periods of time, without the possibility of relief.
Incoming Associate
Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
Private Equity Director
Macquarie Group, Inc
Lehigh University
B.A. | English
Georgetown University Law Center
J.D. | Law
40 Under 40 Award
Lehigh Valley Business
The award celebrates 40 of the Greater Lehigh Valley's most accomplished young businessmen and women who have been making headlines in their field and who share a commitment to business growth, professional excellence and to the community.
Empire State Counsel Award
New York State Bar Association Department of Pro Bono Affairs
Recognized for substantial pro bono immigration law related work for disadvantaged families.
Empire State Counsel Award
New York State Bar Association Department of Pro Bono Affairs
Recognized for substantial pro bono immigration law related work for disadvantaged families.
Williams Award
Lehigh University
Established in 1908 by Edward H. Williams, professor of geology and mechanical engineering, the Williams Prize recognizes outstanding work in writing and performance., Senior Award in Advanced Humanities Writing, Lehigh University
President's Scholar
Lehigh University
The President’s Scholar Program recognizes outstanding academic achievement by undergraduate students at Lehigh University by providing a fifth year of study free of tuition., President's Scholar, Lehigh University.
Professional Associations
American Immigration Lawyers Association
New York State Bar Assocation
New York County Lawyers Association
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
New York City Bar Association
National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild
American Civil Liberties Union - New York and Pennsylvania
Pro Bono Case - Outside Counsel
- Current
Activities: Provide pro bono, outside counsel assistance to immigration and deportation cases that the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is litigating.
Speaking Engagements
The Rights and Responsibilities of Employers in Immigration Compliance, Human Resources and Immigration, Denver, Colorado
Society for Human Resource Management
A live seminar on the rights and responsibilities of employers when hiring new employees, managing an I-9 Compliance System, How and When to Conduct an Internal Audit, and What to Do When ICE Conducts a Workplace Raid.
SHRM-SCP (Immigration Employment Matters)
Websites & Blogs
Raymond Lahoud, Esquire - Attorney Profile, Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A.
The NMM Immigration Blog
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. If I was molested in my home country numerous times when I was a kid, will the U.S. let me stay here after I graduate?
A: You may have an asylum/withholding/cat case - even a possible humanitarian asylum case. Please contact my office asap to discuss in more detail. -- Raymond Lahoud, New York Immigration & Deportation Attorney
Q. What does a legal resident have to do to stay outside the U.S. for more than 6 months?
A: There is a certain form that must be completed. Please contact my office to further discuss. The process is actually, quite simple. -- Raymond Lahoud, New York Immigration & Deportation Attorney
Q. Can a person who was deported from the U.S.A return legally?
A: Yes - there are ways to do this, but it requires the filing of several documents and, depending on how long the overstay was, he/she may have to show a certain hardship to secure a waiver of inadmissibility. Please contact my office in New York City (Manhattan) to discuss.
Q. I got arrested in Mt. Vernon, NY in June 2012 and charged with misorderly conduct. Can I still get naturalization?
A: Yes - it is very possible. Consult with an attorney, however, to review the conviction and get your application ready. Everything should be done correctly. Contact my office in Manhattan.
Q. I had an appointment today for an oath ceremony in Central Islip, but because of the hurricane, I couldn't make it
A: You are fine. The appointment will be rescheduled.
Q. I am going to file an N-400, application for citizenship. what is a court certified document
A: A court certified document is a disposition sheet or official copy of a document from the respective court. It normally has a raised seal or a raised stamp on it.
Q. Is a cancer patient eligible for a green card?
A: Where is the patient located? Is the person coming here from abroad or is the person already in the US? Also, on what basis do you intend on sponsoring the person?
Q. I need a work permit.I already filed my I-130 form and i want to know how long i can get a work permit
A: How did you file your I-130? As a spouse of a USC? Do you have an immediate visa number available? If so, you should have filed the I-130, jointly with the other forms, such as the I-765 (work authorization doc). If you do not have a visa number now available, then, you would not qualify for a work card.
Q. How long dose it take to file for my.13yr old who is in jamaica
A: It could be a short time period, if you are a US Citizen. If you are, he would be considered an immediate relative. an I-130 would have to be filed. I would contact an attorney, however, to ensure that all your documents are properly filed.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Norris McLaughlin & Marcus: Immigration Law Group - Allentown
515 Hamilton Street
Suite 502
Allentown, PA 18101
Toll-Free: (888) 440-4872
Telephone: (484) 544-0022
Cell: (484) 544-0014
Fax: (201) 604-6791
Norris McLaughlin & Marcus: Immigration Law Group - New Jersey
400 Crossing Blvd.
8th Floor
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Toll-Free: (888) 440-4872
Telephone: (908) 722-0700
Norris McLaughlin & Marcus: Immigration Law Group - New York City
875 3rd Avenue
8th Floor
New York City, NY 10022
Toll-Free: (888) 440-4872
Telephone: (212) 904-0285
Fax: (201) 604-6791