I am available to Dayton area clients at 4130 Linden Avenue, Claypool Building, Suite 304, Dayton, Ohio, courtesy of my good friend, R. Jason Howard, (by appointment only) I'm always available by phone & email. As a solo practitioner, you deal only with me, no paralegals or assistants. This allows me to provide a personal touch to your legal representation other law firms only promise but are unable to deliver. The attorney/client relationship is a team effort. Your active participation in your case is essential for effective representation. Suggestions, questions & ideas are welcome & encouraged at Monte K. Snyder, Attorney. Your legal issue is important to you & should be of equal importance to your attorney. Legal advice/counseling will allow you to make intelligent decisions regarding your case development at every stage of your case. Come see what a difference the "personal touch" can make in the delivery of legal services. I've lived in the Miami Valley my entire life. I was born in Union City, Indiana. I received my undergraduate degree at Morehead State University in Kentucky and my law degree at the University of Dayton. My favorite recreation is motorcycle touring. I also love to read and study history. Bible study is a favorite of mine. I have worked with special needs children for 30 years within the legal setting, in juvenile and domestic relations court involving custody disputes. I like people and know and understand their problems. You will find me a good listener. My clients are actively involved in their cases, so be prepared to do some work. * Quality legal services delivered at an affordable price with a "personal touch". * Calls are returned promptly. * Appointments can be made at any time that is convenient to you. * Clients receive copies of all pertinent documents, are billed regularly, and kept apprised of their case's status.
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Domestic Violence
- Estate Planning
- Appeals & Appellate
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Gov & Administrative Law
- General Civil
- Probate Administration
- Car Accidents
- Traffic Violations
- Small Claims
- Social Security Disability
- Contingent Fees
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat/Fixed (Sometimes); Hourly ($180-$200/hour); Retainer (Always); Written Estimates for the average cost of typical legal services are provided upon contract. Most Domestic Relations matters from $180.00 to $200.00 per hour. Dissolutions just one Flat/Fixed Fee. WHY PAY MORE!
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- English: Spoken, Written
- Monte K. Snyder, Attorney
- - Current
- 2009 saw the reopening of my personal law practice, after eleven years of working for other law firms. Most of my practice is in Family Law. I have a legal profile on Avvo.com. My website is located at: http://MONTEKSNYDERAttorney.weebly.com; my legal blog is located there and on MerchantCircle.com. As a solo practice, you deal directly with me, no paralegals or assistants. This is law practice with a "personal touch." Two locations to serve you: 1. My home: located at the Catalina Manufactured Home Park, 6501 Germantown Road, Lot 41, Middletown, Ohio & 2. Dayton, Ohio area clients: can see me at 4130 Linden Ave. Claypool Building, Suite 304, Dayton, Ohio (Appointments only)
- Attorney At Law
- Howard Law Office
- Mr. Howard's law office was new, in its second year. Litigation involving a couple of trusts engaged a part of this brief but productive practice. Mr. Howard has been a close friend ever since I mentored him as a law clerk at Stukey and Associates. Perhaps my most important contribution was the drafting of our web site's content while Mr. Howard developed the technical aspects of its launch. A web presence is essential in today's changing and stressed legal market. Many new office practices were instituted, including a published fees and expense list for all practice areas, a novel idea in today's legal market, accompanied by standardized legal contracts for all areas, with an emphasis on disclosure and streamlining.
- Attorney At Law
- Stukey and Associates
- This was a general practice firm, with an emphasis on domestic relations and military law applications. Areas of direct responsibility were probate, social security disability, juvenile, domestic relations and administrative law in a busy practice. My greatest area of experience is with litigation support, legal research and writing, depositions, advocacy, hearings and trials. As a role model and mentor for new trainees engaged in on-the-job training, both attorneys and paralegals, I engaged in one-on-one interactions on a daily basis with new hires, some with degrees and some without. Individual needs were addressed with each one, whether it be with computer techniques, legal research, or hearings. As office managing attorney of three attorneys and staff, I directed the office’s general affairs for more than one year, while Ms. Stukey convalesced from multiple surgeries. Among our accomplishments were the revamping of the billing and collection practices of the firm, with the invaluable assistance of Ms. Tara Toney, our billing person.
- Attorney At Law and Owner
- Snyder Law Office
- My first experience with the practice of law was my own law office. I operated a solo general practice with emphasis on juvenile law, delinquency and complex custody cases with extensive handling of special needs children. This involved extensive courtroom work and cooperation with local agencies, such as the Montgomery County Children Services Board and the Catholic Social Services. This was before computers, the internet, and all the legal aids we take for granted today. A simple phone, word processor, and small copier were the technological marvels of that day. Legal research was done at the law library in the books, which I became very skilled at.
- University of Dayton
- J.D. / Law (1984)
- Activities: As a member of member of the Vita Tax Program, I rose to manager of one shift, providing volunteer tax assistance to individuals for two years. I was also a member of Phi Delta Phi.
- Morehead State University
- B.A. / History/Geography (1972)
- Honors: I graduated in the top _98%_ of the class with a rating of High Distinction [Magna Cum Laude]. In a class of almost 1,000, I ranked in the top 33, attaining the Dean's List through all semesters of attendance. GPA Overall: [3.66].
- Activities: As an active member of Blue Key Honor Fraternity, I helped with numerous community service campaigns, including the awarding of 20 full scholarships to Morehead State each year. As a member of Phi Alpha Theta International Honor Fraternity in History, I assisted with organizing and participating in statewide events aimed at advancing the field of history.
- Better Business Bureau of Dayton and Miami Valley
- - Current
- Activities: Arbitrator of Ohio Automobile Lemon Law and merchant/customer disputes, issuing binding written decisions.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- - Current
- Ohio Legal License
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Better Business Bureau
- Monte K. Snyder, Attorney on MerchantCircle
- Consumer review: Great Attorney!
10 May 2016
- Monte K. Snyder, Attorney Pictures and Videos
10 May 2016
- Monte K. Snyder, Attorney, Middletown, 45042 , Catalina Manufactured Home Park on State Route 4
10 May 2016
- Blog entry: ONLINE LEGAL SERVICES: ARE YOU GETTING WHAT YOU PAY FOR?
9 October 2013
- Blog entry: MYTH: A GOOD LAWYER CAN BE FOUND CHEAPLY OR FOR FREE
19 July 2013