Free Consultation: (305) 358-6800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Lowell J. Kuvin

Mr. Lowell J. Kuvin

Law Office of Lowell J. Kuvin, LLC
  • Appeals & Appellate, Construction Law, Criminal Law...
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Construction Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Employment Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • White Collar Crime
Additional Practice Area
  • Constitutional Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
11th Circuit
Professional Experience
Law Office of Lowell J. Kuvin, LLC
- Current
Law Office of Lowell J. Kuvin 17 East Flagler Street, Suite 223 Miami Florida 33131 305.358.6800
Legal Answers
94 Questions Answered

Q. Can you get a prenupt after you get married?
A: Yes, it is called a post-nup.
Q. Will I get back wages if another ex employee sues the company I work for for unpaid wages
A: You can if you join the lawsuit and make you r demands known the employer.
Q. I have a final default judgement against a former employer. How do i get my money?
A: You need to serve an affidavit in aid of execution on the defendant who will have to list all of his assets, then you can file a writ to be able to gain possession of bank accounts and personal property which is non exempt.
Q. I'm owed accrued wages & severance pay from previous employer; I was laid off last June-can I sue for payment?
A: Yes you can sue and you may be entitled to double damages.
Q. I am currenly a victim of enterprise unpaid overtime but I am scared to file a lawsuit because Im currently emplyed ....
A: You should contact my office to discuss other options which can help you keep your job and still participate in a lawsuit. We handle these kind of matters all the time.
Q. Is it legal for me to work past 8 hours with no lunch break? can I do anything? Same co. for 5 years.
A: Florida law does is silent as to "breaks." However, Federal laws may help. It would depend on who you work for and your job responsibilities.
Q. What kind of compensation do you get for suing for overtime?
A: It depends on the law you use. However, if you prevail and you prove employer knew they were violating the law, you should get what you are owed, plus an amount equal to what you were owed, plus attorney fees and costs. Make sure you hire an attorney who knows employment law because it is very complicated.
Q. How do I eject a relative from my house in Florida
A: If they do not have a property interest in the home; ie lease or joint tenant, you evict them the same way you would anyone else. Put a three day notice on their door, and them if they do not leave, file an eviction complaint in the county court and have them served. The rest is up to the court.
A: Believe it or not, but I had almost the same thing happen to me with a dog. The answer to your question is yes, you can appeal the decision of the court. Most likely the appeal must be filed within 30 days. If you wait 31 days, you are too late and the court will reject the appeal. There is a filing fee. County court appeals to the Circuit appellate division. Circuit court appeals to the District Court of Appeal. You need to argue that your evidence was not viewed by the court and that your due process rights were violated because you were deprived a "property," the dog.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Miami Office
17 East Flagler Street, Suite 223
Miami, FL 33131
Telephone: (305) 358-6800