Free Consultation: (561) 220-6659Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr Eric Klein

Mr Eric Klein

Klein Law Group, P.A.
  • Family Law, Divorce, Real Estate Law...
  • Florida, Massachusetts
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a trial lawyer with a boutique practice that helps people. My Firm concentrates in family law – Divorce, Paternity, Custody, and Prenuptial Agreements – consumer bankruptcy and real estate law, Foreclosure Defense and other real estate litigation - we have a title agency, engage in short sale negotiations --- I have highly skilled attorneys in each area --- we work together as a team. We help our Clients navigate a difficult, challenging, often uncertain process and assist them in achieving the best possible results. What’s unique about my practice is that I can assist people in all aspects of their personal and financial troubles from aggressively pursuing a divorce, to defending a foreclosure, short selling a property, bankruptcy and assisting them in rebuilding their credit. Unlike most law firms, we offer all of these services under one roof.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Real Estate Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Collections
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Klein Law Group, P.A.
- Current
Massachusetts School of Law at Andover
J.D. | Law
Activities: Founder and Editor-in-Chief: The Writ
University of Pennsylvania
B.B.A. | Business
AV Preeminent
LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
2016 AV Preeminent Award. Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards Reflecting the Confidential Opinions of Members of the Bar and Judiciary.
The Avvo Rating can help you find the right attorney: There is no bias. The Avvo Rating cannot be bought. It was developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. It’s as simple as counting to 10. Ratings fall on a scale of 1 (Extreme Caution) to 10 (Superb), helping you quickly assess a lawyer’s background based on the rating.
Professional Associations
Wharton Club of South Florida
- Current
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- Current
Boca Chamber
- Current
The Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Palm Beach County Bar Association  # 35985
- Current
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
University of Pennsylvania Alumni Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Your Complete Guide to Restoring Your Credit After Bankruptcy
Credit Solutions Program
Legally Speaking with Eric Klein
Brookline Access TV
Speaking Engagements
Prenuptial Agreements, LeTip of Boca Raton, Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
LeTip of Boca Raton
Bankruptcy Chapter 13 101: The Plan, Law Review CLE, Ft. Lauderdale
Law Review CLE
Bankruptcy Chapter 7 & 13 Workshop, Law Review CLE, Palm Beach
Law Review CLE
Websites & Blogs
Klein Law Group
Legal Answers
171 Questions Answered

Q. Is it a bad idea to move out of my home with my child before filing for divorce?
A: It depends on many different things that are going on in your life; therefore, this is not the best forum for your question. Before you take such a drastic step, you should consult with a highly skilled family lawyer. You say you have many assets together, so the cost of an attorney should not be an impediment to a consult. Good luck.
Q. My boyfriend is married in India but the relationship has been over for several years. Can we still marry here in US?
A: You can marry in the US, but you first must obtain a divorce which you can obtain from a court in Florida. Seek a good matrimonial attorney to assist you. Good luck!
Q. My wife ran off with my Son, and will not communicate with me, I found out where she is, should I come with the cops
A: The police will not do anything for you. You will have to go into court and file an Emergency Motion for Pick-up Order. Good luck.
Q. If I leave our home and buy another before divorce is my husband entitled to 1/2 of the new home?
A: Yes, but he is also entitled to 1/2 the mortgage liability as well. You should wait until the divorce is complete prior to purchasing any real estate. Good luck.
Q. Can I stop paying CS @ 18? Agreement says "until the youngest child turns 18". Do I pay for BOTH kids until youngest 18
A: You would pay child support until your child turns 18 years old AND graduates high school or 19 years old with a reasonable expectation of graduating high school. This is known as emancipation. Once the oldest emancipates, you should pay less. As part of your divorce, there should have been a step-down provision. Check with your lawyer. Good luck!
Q. How will I be able to secure alimony and child support if he owns his own company and is claiming bankruptcy?
A: Not only will you need to hire a highly skilled attorney you will also have to hire a highly skilled forensic accountant. I wish you well, good luck
Q. Been seperated from my husband for 14 years. Can i file a simplified divorce even if we have a 16 year old son.
A: The process for filing a simplified dissolution of marriage can be relatively simple and quick. However, the following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for a simplified divorce filing: ***The couple has no minor children together and the wife is not pregnant The couple has agreed on how assets, debt and property will be divided There is no alimony being sought by either spouse The couple is willing to give up their right to a trial and an appeal As you can see, you have a minor child; therefore a simplified divorce is not possible. Good luck.
Q. Which is filed first. 1. Change of venue or 2. Response or answers to your divorce papers that were served to you
A: It sounds as if he filed in TN. The issue is not change of venue, it is a Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Jurisdiction. However, if he has resided in TN for at least 6 months prior to filing, the case will stay in TN. In the facts you described, it is the first one to the courthouse wins. Unfortunately, he beat you to the punch. On a brighter note, if you live in FL with your children, he will not be able to obtain court ordered visits, alimony, etc or other property you may own from a TN court. Good luck.
Q. I am married but separated and live in Florida. I want to move to Illinois with my children. Can I do that?
A: You can, but you take the risk of your spouse filing an Emergency Motion for Pick-up Order. The proper way to do it is to file papers with the court of your intention to relocate. This is very complex and you should hire a highly skilled attorney to assist you. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Klein Law Group
4800 N. Federal Highway
Suite 307B
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Telephone: (561) 220-6659
West Palm Beach Office
777 South Flagler Drive
Suite 800 - West Tower
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Telephone: (561) 353-2800
Ft. Lauderdale Office
110 East Broward Blvd., Ste. 1700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Telephone: (954) 580-8080