Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Workers' Compensation
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- English: Spoken, Written
- Trial Attorney
- Price, Hargett, Petho & Anderson
- - Current
- Litigation Attorney. I have personally tried to verdict over 200 civil jury trials and handled thousands of cases involving personal injuries, worker's compensation claims, wrongful death and products liability claims. Call for a free consultation.
- Assistant District Attorney
- District Attoneys Office 1st Judicial District
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- AV Preeminent
- Martindale Hubbell
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
Websites & Blogs
- Douglas A. Petho's Website Profile
- Price, Hargett, Petho and Anderson Website
- North Carolina Personal Injury Attorneys Blog
- Why Insurance Companies are Making it More Difficult to Settle Claims
20 January 2017
- 10 Tips For When You Are Giving A Witness Deposition
28 December 2016
- North Carolina Workers Compensation : Vocational Rehabilitation
19 November 2014
- Understanding Workers Compensation in North Carolina
19 December 2013
- What Is the Medical Payments Coverage?
22 May 2013
- North Carolina Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
30 January 2013
- Auto Accident Injury Claims and Contingency Fees
21 January 2013
- Rockingham Accident Attorney
21 January 2013
- N.C. WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS
15 January 2013
6 Questions Answered
- Q. I'm on supervised probation for DUI. Is it possible for me to be allowed to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
- A: This depends on the conditions of your probation. I would contact your probation officer.
- Q. WC Clincher with an advance payment will weekly WC checks continue? And when will I get a copy of settlement I signed?
- A: The number one complaint clients have with their attorneys is a lack of communication, either by failing to return phone calls were not properly explaining the process. Attorney's fees and workers compensation claims are set by the industrial commmission at 25%. I do not know what the $900 is for but it may be for expenses. I would ask for an itemization of those expenses. I would also recommend setting an appointment too meet in person with your attorney to discuss these concerns.
- Q. I live in NC and recently 2 dogs were found running at large in my town and were picked up by a good Samaritan and taken
- A: There would have to be a determination that the treatment of the dogs amounts to animal abuse or cruelty, not negligence. the owners could then be charged and the animals removed .I would contact local police department to find out what agency, either animal control, Sheriff's Department etc.would be involved in the investigation.
- Q. hi, back in December i got a speeding ticket for 74 in a 45 zone along with a careless and reckless driving charge...
- A: I would retain an attorney to assist you in this matter. If you are unable to pay for an attorney you may qualify to have the court appoint one for you. I would say that without knowing the specifics of your driving record or the circumstances of the citation, it would be unusual for you to be sentenced to active jail time for simple reckless driving and speeding.
- Q. Can a lawyer file a judgement against you 5 years later
- A: The short answer is yes. The longer answer is you should contact an experienced criminal attorney in Gastonia to assist in getting your license reinstated.
- Q. I was in an car accident where and uninsured driver hit me and two others the problem is my medical bills they never
- A: A lawsuit in an uninsured motorist claim must be filed in North Carolina three years from the date of the accident, two years for a death claim. The statute limitations will bar your claim otherwise. An uninsured motorist claim is a first party claim meaning that your insurance company owes a duty to deal with you in good faith. however, unless they represented to you that the statute limitations for something other than what it is I don't know whether they would be estopped in denying your claim. I would contact the insurance company and see whether their offer is still valid.
Contact & Map