Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Claims
- Business Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- FOIA/Open Government Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Websites & Blogs
190 Questions Answered
- Q. What should I do if I get a bill for property damage at a hotel I stayed at a month ago?
- A: If you receive a bill, and if you do not pay it, the hotel may choose to sue you to recover the amount it alleges that it is due. They will then have the burden of proving that you caused the damages. But they will sue you in the court where the hotel was located, and you will have to defend the lawsuit in that court.
- Q. Would like to leave a camera on a pole in parking lot of a strip mall (not my property). Am I breaking any laws?
- A: It is likely illegal. If it is private property, then it is trespassing, even if it is a public parking lot. It is not abandoned property if you do not intend to abandon it. If it is recording sound, it will likely violate the wiretapping laws.
- Q. My ex used to/still beats our dog. If the dog is in his name, can I get him back
- A: If the dog is in his name, and he is caring for the dog, then the law says it is his property. That does not mean it is legal for him to beat the dog, but it probably means you have no right to take the dog as your own.
Contact & Map