Free Consultation: (513) 563-3007Tap to Call This Lawyer
Moshe Toron Esq

Moshe Toron Esq

Toron Law Firm, LLC -
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
  • Ohio
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Mr. Toron focuses his practice in the areas of Elder Law, Medicaid Planning, Nursing Home Planning, and Estate Planning.

Moshe works with families to help them address their long term care needs, such as applying for Medicaid Nursing Home benefits.

Moshe began his career as the chaplain of Cedar Village – The Jewish Nursing Home of Cincinnati. His duties at Cedar Village included counseling the elderly and their families. During his tenure, Mr. Toron enrolled in the Chase College of Law, where he established himself as an award winning student. He was a member of the Dean’ s List four times and was awarded the Cincinnati Bar Association Auxiliary Award.

Before opening The Toron Law Firm, Mr. Toron was a Senior Tax Planner with Deloitte & Touche. At Deloitte, Mr. Toron helped implement sophisticated tax and estate planning techniques.

Mr. Toron was admitted to practice in Ohio in 1999. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. He is a member of the Cincinnati, Warren County, Butler County and Clermont County Bar Associations. He has served as the Vice-Chair of the Cincinnati Bar Association Elder Law Committee. Mr. Toron has also served as the Chair of the Cincinnati Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, CLE Committee and as a member of the CBA Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee.

Practice Areas
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
    There is no charge for the first meeting.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
6th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Hebrew: Written
  • Yiddish: Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Toron Law Firm, LLC
- Current
Elder Law Attorney, Medicaid Planning
Northern Kentucky University
J.D. (1999) | Law
Professional Associations
Cincinnati Bar Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
24 Questions Answered

Q. my mom passed last week. she seems to have an outstanding medical bill. how valid is that bill post death
A: If she opens a probate case within 6 months of death, then the bill could be payable from her probate estate assets, if she has sufficient probate assets. If she does not file a probate case, then it is unlikely this bill will need to be paid. In general, her debts are only payable from her assets. If she has no assets, then generally, the family is not responsible to pay her debt from their personal assets. Some exceptions apply, so I would need more information.
Q. Regarding Ohio SNF ResidentTrust Fund/Personal Needs Account.
A: Perhaps there is an unpaid funeral bill to be paid. See Ohio Administrative Code 5160-3-16.5)H)(3)(c) "If funeral and/or burial expenses for a deceased resident have not been paid, and all the resident's resources other than the PNA have been exhausted, the resident's PNA account funds shall be used to pay the funeral and/or burial expenses." The family could also file for Release from Administration, which may not be as expensive.
Q. Can a resident in a facility be recorded on video surveillance by family members without the resident's consent?
A: If the resident is competent to make medical decisions, then no.
Q. Father in Long term care, step mom not on title of trailer or car. Can he sell the trailer and car without her consent?
A: He can sell it without her consent.
Q. I have been married for 33 years. 16 years ago I bought a home in my name only. Soon my husband may have to go to a
A: Generally not, if you outlive your husband. However, a certain amount of other assets you own might need to be spent before he can qualify for Medicaid.
Q. To obtain a Letter of Administration in Ohio can this be obtained with a copy of the will?
A: You would need to file for a full probate using the original will.
Q. Hi! If my dad is elderly but still very sharp, are others allowed to intrude and make his decisions for him?
A: If he signed a Power of Attorney for finances, then they probably have the ability to take control over his finances. However, if he does not want to continue this arrangement, then he can revoke the Power of Attorney document and take back control over his finances.
Q. I am beneficiary of a 401K account. I am 46 yrs old and would like to use some of the $ for home upgrades. Is it best
A: Just what is needed. Every dollar you withdraw is taxable income.
Q. The will was unsigned; however, I was named beneficiary on her 401K and life insurance policies. Do I
A: A beneficiary named on a policy overrides what it says in the will as to that asset.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Main Office
4555 Lake Forest Dr
Suite 650
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Telephone: (513) 563-3007
Fax: (513) 285-7809
West Chester Location
9078 Union Centre Blvd
Suite 350
West Chester, OH 45069
Telephone: (513) 563-3007
Fax: (513) 285-7809
Downtown Location
312 Walnut Street
1600 Scripps Center
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Telephone: (513) 563-3007
Fax: (513) 285-7809