Monica E Rottermann

Monica E Rottermann

Law Office of Monica Rottermann
  • Immigration Law
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Area
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Visitor Visas
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 272874
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Law Office of Monica Rottermann
- Current
University of San Diego School of Law
University of San Diego School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 272874
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
129 Questions Answered
Q. Hello im a USA citizen but also a Israel citizen, in currently in Israel and planning on coming back to USA this month,
A: Although it was announced earlier this year that Israel is working with the United States to participate in the Visa Waiver Program, which would allow Israeli citizens to travel to the United States without a visa for up to 90 days. Israel has not yet been added to the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). As such, if your grandmother wishes to visit the United States at this time she would first need to apply for a visitor’s visa.

You can follow these steps to help her apply:
Q. Do I have to take the COVID 19 vaccine to pass my medical exam? Is there any way to not take it and still get approved?
A: Several vaccinations, including covid, are required as part of the medical exam (Form I-693). If the requirement for a vaccination would be contrary to your religious beliefs or moral convictions, you would have to submit a Form I-601 waiver. You can read more about the requirements for the waiver here:,1.,that%20CDC%20review%20this%20waiver
Q. Can I Stay outside of USA for more than an year on green card?
A: You can apply for a reentry permit that allows you to remain outside of the United States without returning for up to a two-period. You can read more about the permit here:

Also, you should be aware that even though the reentry permit would allow you to be outside of the United States for a year without abandoning your status, the reentry permit does not apply to maintaining physical/continuous presence in the United States for purposes of naturalization.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Office of Monica Rottermann
1420 E Edinger Ave
STE 102
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Telephone: (714) 605-4393
Fax: (714) 884-3890
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.