Free Consultation: (787) 382-0204Tap to Call This Lawyer
Miraisy Molina-Ruiz

Miraisy Molina-Ruiz

Molina-Ruiz Estudio Legal
  • Divorce, Collections, Family Law...
  • Puerto Rico
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Collections
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Estate Planning
Additional Practice Area
  • Notary Public
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Puerto Rico
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Solo Practitioner
Molina-Ruiz Estudio Legal
- Current
Immigration and Bankruptcy Law Clerk
Zambrana Law Office
Law Clerk
G.A. Carlo & Associates
Bankruptcy Law Clerk
Thomas & Magriñá Law Offices
Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law
J.D. (2013)
Studied abroad: 1. Communications University of China, Beijing, China - Introduction to Chinese Law 2. Traveled to Israel for a week as part of a class on Introduction to Jewish Law System.
Activities: Member of Asociación Nacional de Estudiantes de Derecho (ANED) Member/ co-founder of Movimiento Pro Justicia Social (MPJS) - treasurer, Vice President and Public Relations Member of Asociación para la Concienciación de Los Derechos de los Animales (ACODA) - Vice President Member of Asociación de Estudiantes de Derecho Corporativo Member of Estudiantes de Derecho Unidos Creando Conciencia Ambiental (EDUCCA)
Universidad del Sagrado Corazón
B.A. (2001) | Arts in Communication, major in Advertising
Activities: Member - Asociación de Estudiantes de Publicidad Studied Abroad: Universidad de la Habana, Habana, Cuba - Particularidades del que hacer Publicitario en Cuba
Professional Associations
Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico # 20243
- Current
La Rama Judicial de Puerto Rico # 20700
- Current
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered

Q. My mother passed away leaving no assets but a $20,000 credit card bill.Under PR Law do her children inherit that debt?
A: Yes. under PR law, heirs inherit both assets as well as debts. In this case, and with the information provided, I would suggest the heirs to resign their right to inherit. You should consult with an attorney since there are deadlines involved.
Q. Im from Puerto Rico I prepared and notarized my will in New Jersey. Would that be valid in puerto rico?
A: It really doesn't matter where you prepared your will. The important fact is that the will meets the legal criteria needed in Puerto Rico. Have a lawyer have it checked just in case.
Q. how to find a lawyer that will take my wrongful termination case in PR
A: There is a lawyer directory on this same page where you may find a lawyer by jurisdiction and Legal Issue. Just narrow your search for employment law and Puerto Rico and you will find a list of attorneys that can help you.
Q. Is a spouse able to make healthcare decisions if there is no advanced directive or power of attorney?
A: Yes, a spouse can make healthcare decisions even when there is no advanced directive or power of attorney.
Q. Where do I find forms to file divorce by mutual agreement in Puerto Rico. We have a 17 year-old daughter.
A: You may file your divorce petition at the clerk's office of your local courthouse (your jurisdiction depends on where you live).
Q. My husband and I were married in Florida. I now reside in Puerto Rico. We've been seperated for ten years.
A: Yes you can get divorced in Puerto Rico. The important part is how long have you been residing in Puerto Rico. If you have been living in Puerto Rico a minimum of a year, you can get divorced in Puerto Rico. You will need the marriage certificate, birth certificate of all the children in common, a list of properties in common (if you have a prenup, have a lawyer check if the prenup is legal in Puerto Rico), and the last address known of your ex in order to notify him.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Physical Address
1225 Ponce De León Avenue
VIG Tower, suite 803
San Juan, PR 00907
Cell: (787) 382-0204
Fax: (787) 200-6559
Postal Address
PO Box 190002
San Juan, PR 00919-0002