Free Consultation: (845) 363-6500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael Varble

Michael Varble

Varble Law, P.C. Getting Results
  • Personal Injury, Family Law, Divorce...
  • New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Attorney Varble received his Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science from Ohio State University, and his Juris Doctorate from New York Law School. He is dedicated to providing New York residents with personalized attention and trusted counsel for their legal matters involving personal injury, criminal defense, medical malpractice, family law, divorce and custody. Attorney Varble is an experienced litigator with almost 20 years of experience.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Medical Malpractice
  • White Collar Crime
  • Civil Rights
  • Products Liability
  • Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
  • Animal & Dog Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
2nd Circuit
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Attorney for The Town of Beekman, NY
The Town of Beekman, NY
New York Law School
J.D. (1996) | Law
Honors: cum laude
Activities: Articles Editor for the Journal of International and Comparative Law
Ohio State University - Columbus
B.A. (1993) | History & Political Science
Honors: Dean's list 7 times
Professional Associations
New York State Bar Association
Dutchess County Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Beekman recovers $440K from funds stolen by ex-comptroller Knapp
Should You Refuse a Breathalyzer Test?

In this video, Attorney Michael Varble discusses whether or not you should refuse a breathalyzer test if you're stopped for DWI.

Modifying or Lowering Child Support Payments in New York

If you lost your job or are experiencing financial hardship, it may be possible to get a modification of your child support obligation. However, it's also very easy to make...

Negotiating a Plea Deal

How do plea deals work? How do you know if you're getting a fair deal? In this video, Attorney Michael Varble answers these, and many more questions regarding plea agreements. If...

Understanding How Miranda Rights Apply To You

Most people are familiar with the concept of Miranda Rights - but far fewer understand when they will apply. Learn more about your rights from our Hudson Valley criminal defense attorney.

Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer: Take a Plea, or Fight the Charges?

Are you facing criminal charges? A criminal defense attorney can help you understand your options, and decide whether it's in your best interests to sign a plea agreement, or fight...

Litigation & The Internet - How Social Media Can Impact Your Case

If you're involved in any type of litigation, legal dispute, or criminal matter, you should avoid social media. At the very least, be smart about how you use it! For experienced...

Divorce 101

Are you considering divorce? In this video, Attorney Michael Varble takes a look at the various stages of the divorce process, helping you learn what to expect. Call our firm...

Can I Afford A Divorce?

Think you can't afford a divorce? You may be wrong - watch our video to learn more.

How Can The Internet Hurt Your Custody Case?

If you're involved in a child custody case (or any other legal matter), it's a good idea to avoid social media - your posts can often be used against you in court.

The Consequences of a DWI or DWAI in New York

In this video, Michael Varble looks at the serious consequences of a DWI or DWAI.

What Should I Do After I've Been Seriously Injured?

You may be unsure of the steps to take after a serious injury - Michael Varble explains what to do in our latest video.

Why Representing Yourself Is a Bad Idea

Representing yourself may seem cheaper, but it could cost you far more in the long run.

Are You A Victim of Domestic Violence?

Are you a victim of domestic violence? You must take quick action to protect you and your family.

Conditional Driver's License in New York

After a DWI or DWAI conviction, you may be eligible for a conditional driver's license. This license will allow you to drive in a limited capacity, including to work and school.

Why We Charge Lower Fees Than Other Firms

We charge much lower contingency fees than other firms, because we believe injury victims have paid enough already.

Michael R. Varble & Associates Helps Client Obtain Full Custody of Children

A satisfied client discusses how Michael R. Varble helped him win sole custody of his children.

Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. Do I have to show up to court for DWI charge if I hire an attorney
A: Your attorney can have you sign an affidavit authorizing the attorney to appear on your behalf and authorizing you to enter a plea. The attorney just has to specify what the charge is that he is authorized to enter a plea to on your behalf. It happens all the time. Best of luck with it.
Q. Divorced in Colorado, the divorce was modified slightly in New Jersey courts, when does child support end
A: That is dependent upon the modifications that were made in New Jersey and if your order stipulates where the jurisdiction is. Speak to the attorney who represented you in Colorado and also consult a local attorney in New Jersey. Most attorneys provide a free consultation. Bring all orders and modifications with you so that the attorney can review it..
Q. We had 2 cars in our marriage, his name is on both, does he have to leave me a car and still make the payments?
A: That is for you to either stipulate yourselves or for the Court to decide. If you have an attorney they should be able to provide you with information about what your legal options are. If you don't have an attorney I would consult one immediately. Most provide a free consultation. See an attorney immediately and file for divorce. The court can award temporary spousal support before your divorce is final but that is all dependent upon your financial situations among many other factors. Speak to an attorney.
Q. Is the Post 9/11 GI BIll BAH benefits subject to garnishment for Child Support?
A: If it is considered income by the Court then the answer is yes. Speak to an attorney and find out if you have grounds to ask for the child support order to be modified based on a sever change in your circumstances. Most attorneys provide a free consultation. They could help answer your questions. Good luck.
Q. Does supreme Court have jurisdiction over family Court rulings in a divorce if the divorce is not fineshed?
A: Supreme Court is the Court of General Jurisdiction and generally has concurrent jurisdiction over custody, visitation and child support until the child becomes 18 years of age. Other issues such as neglect or juvenile delinquency are handled in Family Court. Ask your attorney and if you don't have one it would be a good idea to consult one. Many lawyers offer free consults.
Q. Can i be forced to move out of my apartment so my husband can be considered for custody of our children?
A: Only if there are facts that make it unsafe for you two to live together or he files a family offense petition and is granted an order of protection.
Q. What is the most time you can get for not paying child suport
A: 6 months for each contempt citation.
Q. What does it mean when they post STAY, as action on my case..waiting for a trail date, store went into bankrupcy
A: Your claim may be discharged in bankruptcy if there is a bankruptcy stay in place. You need to talk to your attorney about this. The bankruptcy has to be resolved before you can proceed with your civil claim against the defendant. Good luck with it.
Q. Is there an online list of lawsuit filings in Suffolk County NY?
A: The office of Court administration has a website that displays all lawsuits based on their index number. Your case will need to have been assigned to a judge to be visible on the OCA website.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
55 Market Street Suite 201
55 Market Street Suite 201
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Telephone: (845) 363-6500