Michael SpringerSpringer Law PLLC
- Business Law, Entertainment & Sports Law, Intellectual Property
- New York
My practice focuses on small business law, venture finance, intellectual property, and commercial litigation. I represents both investors and start-ups/small businesses.
Coming from a family of entrepreneurs, I understands the drive to create a prosperous and self-sustaining company and does not believe that drive should be stifled by looming legal bills or complex legal code.
Knowledgeable attorneys can assist owners with the varied legal aspects associated with running a company, allowing owners to focus on the business of their companies. But most big law firms, while filled with many capable and experienced attorneys, cater primarily to well established institutions. The traditional law firm model not only places such attorneys outside the price range of most small businesses and start-ups, but also lacks the versatility to service the unique situations in which many smaller companies find themselves.?
That's where Springer Law comes in. Using Springer Law, small businesses and start-ups get the law firm credentials, while also receiving a tailor-made service with a pricing structure that doesn't break the bank or prevent the business from getting off the ground.
Prior to opening my own practice, I clerked in the Southern District of New York for the Honorable William H. Pauley III. I also worked as a litigation associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, where I handled all aspects of regulatory and complex commercial litigation matters.
While in law school, I was a winner of the Ames Moot Court Competition, was awarded best brief in the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, and served as a Technical Editor for the Harvard International Law Journal.
I engage in substantial non-profit work and serve as the Secretary and a Director on the board for Project Explorer. I also work as an attorney for the deceptive advertising watchdog, TruthinAdvertising.org.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Intellectual Property
Free 20 minute consultations.
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- Springer Law PLLC
- - Current
- Represents entrepreneurs, filmmakers, and investors.
- Truth in Advertising
- - Current
- Research and write in support of TINA.org’s legal and policymaking efforts to stop false advertising.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Researched and drafted briefs for commercial and securities law cases, including a multibillion-dollar SEC enforcement action. Coordinated co-defendants in negotiations of various matters, including case management order and protective order. Prepared for and attended witness interviews in Australia as part of SEC enforcement action. Led team of document reviewers and drafted document review protocol. Drafted Option/Purchase Agreements for television and film rights to books.
- Law Clerk
- The Hon. William H. Pauley III - The Southern District of New York
- Researched and drafted numerous opinions and orders. Assisted with and prepared the Judge for various court conferences, hearings, and oral arguments. Assisted through four jury trials and one bench trial. Responsible for the case management of one third of the Judge’s docket.
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Researched and drafted briefs for a variety of commercial and securities law cases in state and federal court, including opposition to motion to remand federal securities claims under SLUSA, motions to dismiss, motions to compel, oppositions to motions for a preliminary injunction, and multiple appellate briefs. Researched and drafted amicus brief in support of respondents in King v. Burwell and petitioners in Obergefell v. Hodges, before the U.S. Supreme Court. Prepared witnesses for and attended as second chair in defense of multiple depositions in a securities fraud case.
- Harvard Law School
- J.D. (2013)
- Honors: cum laude; Ames Moot Court winner; Vis International Moot Court best claimant's brief; Dean's Scholar Prize: Corporations
- Activities: Harvard International Law Journal - Technical Editor; Harvard Business Law Review - Editor; Recording Artists Project
- Texas A&M University - College Station
- B.B.A. (2009) | Business, Economics, Political Science
- Honors: magna cum laude; Certificate in International Business; Steward Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- State Bar of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- - Current
- The AT&T Arbitration Clause as a Replacement for Class Action
- The Harvard Business Law Review
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.