Free Consultation: (205) 915-6836Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael L Capleone

Michael L Capleone

Attorney at Law
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Divorce...
  • Alabama
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I have a general practice that has assisted many happy clients.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Family Law
  • Probate
  • Municipal Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Juvenile Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free initial telephone consultation.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish
Professional Experience
Attorney at Law
Birmingham School of Law
J.D. (2002) | Law
Honors: Dean's List
University of Alabama - Birmingham
B.S. (1999) | Psychology/ Philosophy
Honors: Psi Chi National Honor Society
Professional Associations
Alabama State Bar # ASB-157C
United State Court of Veteran's Claims
Member - practicing attorney
- Current
United States District Court (Alabama)
Northern & Middle Districts
- Current
United States Tax Court
Member - practicing attorney
- Current
United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Member - practicing attorney
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Divorce and Related Issues, Baptist Wide Adamsville
Divorce is often difficult, This touches on the common issues that one may face; and how to successfully address these related issues.
Wills and Estate Ideas and thoughts..., Baptist Wide Adamsville
Discussion of basics and planning in common topics of Wills and Estates.
Alabama Law License
Alabama State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. My daughter is giving my husband and I temporary custody of her 15 yr old daughter. Our granddaughter
A: I would need more details and information about this matter to discuss and or give intelliable conversation. You are welcome to call me to discuss.
Q. Is there free legal aid services available in the state of Alabama? Or a reasonable priced family court lawyer that
A: Please call me to discuss.
Q. My husband filed for temporary custody of our 3 boys cause he thinks I've abandoned them. What do i need to do
A: Consult with an attorney in your area. You have legal rights!
Q. What is the man responsible for in non contested divorce Financially wise
A: Potentially anything and everything he would be responsible for financially in a contested divorce. It really depends on what type of financial issues are involved.
Q. What if I am not sure if my husband would agree on a uncontested divorce.
A: It depends on the individual attorney and agreement that is entered into between the Client and Attorney. For example: In a case where a client has retained me for an uncontested divorce that later becomes contested; I just apply the amount of attorney fees already paid by the client to what retainer I charge (All of this by contractual agreement of course.) To answer your question, not necessarily. It depends on what you and your attorney agree upon.
Q. My daughter recently filed for divorce. Being a single mother my wife and i hired a local attorney in Baldwin County.
A: If one party files for divorce and another party files too dismiss the case, the case will generally move forward. A hearing date would be set to hear the argument of both sides concerning the motion. In order to give you an answer concerning argument against the motion, I would need to see a copy of the motion that was filed and what arguments / issues that are being raised in said motion.
Q. I was wondering how to go about getting custody of a 3 year old when the mother tried to kill herself tonight
A: That is a very complicated question, you have not given enough information of the circumstances and background. I would advise you to seek the advice of an attorney by legal consultation.
Q. My husband filed for temporary custody of our 3 boys cause he thinks I've abandoned them. What do i need to do
A: You need to consult with an attorney, you have legal rights, time is of the essence. Especially if court proceedings are now ongoing.
Q. We are separated, my husband has our son with him that is 15yrs old. He won't let me pick him up to see him.
A: You need to get a court order, without one in place it will be obviously very difficult dealing with the circumstances. Without an order of the court, you both have equal rights to the child; With no visitation or custody schedule in writing.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Michael L. Capleone - Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 660302
Vestavia Hills, AL 35266-0302
Telephone: (205) 915-6836
Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 660302
Vestavia Hills, AL 35266-0302
Telephone: (205) 915-6836