For more than 30 years, Mike Appel has devoted his practice exclusively to personal injury and wrongful death cases. He represents clients throughout California, both in State and Federal courts.
Born and raised in Redondo Beach, Mike attended St. Mary’s College of California, Moraga, California, where he majored in English. He was an editor of the college’s literary magazine, "The Phoenix." He also played rugby for the Gaels, and was a member of the team that went on the first annual rugby tour of the East Coast. Mike received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1970. At graduation he also received the Alumni Medal for English.
In 1973, Mike received his Juris Doctorate from Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California. He was admitted to the United States Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Federal District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California, the United States Court of Federal Claims, and the California Supreme Court.
Mike is also a part-time teacher at De La Salle High School in Concord, California. He teaches American Studies: The Law and AP Government & Politics.
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Car Accidents
- English: Spoken, Written
- St Mary's Coll
- Undergraduate Degree
- Golden Gate Univ School of Law
- Law Degree
- California State Bar # 56461
- - Current
- Sobering Walnut Creek Bicycle Crash Statistics from 2004-2016
9 January 2019
- California’s Utilization Review Process Explained
18 May 2018
- Difference Between Compromise and Release vs. Stipulation
17 May 2018
- California’s Employment Development Department and Work Compensation FAQs
16 May 2018
- How to Calculate Your TTD Rate in California
15 May 2018
- Walnut Creek’s Walkability Causing Pedestrian Accident Concerns
10 May 2018
- Workers’ Compensation Acronyms
10 May 2018
- Your Workers Compensation Claim Is Accepted, Now What?
9 May 2018
- Appel Law Firm LLP Awards Scholarship to Hit and Run Survivor
30 August 2017