As a former Assistant District Attorney, Michael J. Skinner has gained an additional perspective into the criminal justice field. He has prosecuted thousands of criminal cases, including hundreds of DUI (Driving under the Influence) cases in Chester County. Michael now uses this knowledge to defend men, women, and youth who have been charged with criminal offenses in Chester County, Lancaster County, Delaware County, and Montgomery County.
With a law office in West Chester, PA, Michael uses the Skinner Law Firm to represent local residents, out-of-state visitors, international guests, and students. He focuses exclusively on criminal citations, misdemeanors, and felony offenses. This includes DUI charges, marijuana charges, domestic violence charges, shoplifting charges, and assault charges. He also provides legal representation for individuals facing extradition to or from Pennsylvania, bench warrants, or who wish to pursue criminal records sealing.
Michael Skinner is a native Pennsylvanian. He spent his childhood in Delaware County before moving to attend college at West Chester College of Pennsylvania. After developing a passion for law and society, Michael went on to attend Widener University College of Law. While in law school Michael interned for a prestigious criminal defense firm in West Chester, the Delaware Civil Clinic, and the Chester County District Attorney's Office. Michael graduated cum laude with a Doctor of Jurisprudence in 2007.
Today, Michael continues his work as a West Chester criminal defense attorney. He makes every effort to help clients understand the charges they face as well as potential paths to take. By truly listening to his clients' situations, he is able to catch little details that other lawyers may miss and form close connections with individuals in need.
If you are facing criminal charges in West Chester or anywhere in Southern Pennsylvania, speak with Michael Skinner. To begin discussing your legal options, contact Skinner Law Firm today.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Immigration Law
- Juvenile Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Violation of Probation/Parole
- Drug Offenses
- Criminal Defense
- Founder, Criminal Defense Attorney
- Skinner Law Firm, LLC
- Assistant District Attorney
- Chester County District Attorney's Office
- Widener University
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Fight Your Charges with a Criminal Defense Attorney in West Chester, PA
- Why You Shouldn’t Represent Yourself in a Criminal Trial
17 October 2018
- Do I Need an Attorney if My Child Was Arrested for Domestic Violence?
12 October 2018
- Opioid Arrest: What to Do If You’re Charged With a Drug Crime
3 October 2018
- Battling Battery: A Legal Defense
26 September 2018
- Can My Child Be Charged With Underage Drinking Just for Being at a Party?
19 September 2018
- What Is Sexual Assault?
14 September 2018
- How Do I Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney to Fight Embezzlement Charges?
5 September 2018
- Four Reasons You Should Get an Expungement ASAP
29 August 2018
- The Collateral Consequences of a Pennsylvania DUI Conviction
22 August 2018