As a former Assistant District Attorney, Michael J. Skinner has gained an additional perspective into the criminal justice field. He has prosecuted thousands of criminal cases, including hundreds of DUI (Driving under the Influence) cases in Chester County. Michael now uses this knowledge to defend men, women, and youth who have been charged with criminal offenses in Chester County, Lancaster County, Delaware County, and Montgomery County.
With a law office in West Chester, PA, Michael uses the Skinner Law Firm to represent local residents, out-of-state visitors, international guests, and students. He focuses exclusively on criminal citations, misdemeanors, and felony offenses. This includes DUI charges, marijuana charges, domestic violence charges, shoplifting charges, and assault charges. He also provides legal representation for individuals facing extradition to or from Pennsylvania, bench warrants, or who wish to pursue criminal records sealing.
Michael Skinner is a native Pennsylvanian. He spent his childhood in Delaware County before moving to attend college at West Chester College of Pennsylvania. After developing a passion for law and society, Michael went on to attend Widener University College of Law. While in law school Michael interned for a prestigious criminal defense firm in West Chester, the Delaware Civil Clinic, and the Chester County District Attorney's Office. Michael graduated cum laude with a Doctor of Jurisprudence in 2007.
Today, Michael continues his work as a West Chester criminal defense attorney. He makes every effort to help clients understand the charges they face as well as potential paths to take. By truly listening to his clients' situations, he is able to catch little details that other lawyers may miss and form close connections with individuals in need.
If you are facing criminal charges in West Chester or anywhere in Southern Pennsylvania, speak with Michael Skinner. To begin discussing your legal options, contact Skinner Law Firm today.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Immigration Law
- Juvenile Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Violation of Probation/Parole
- Drug Offenses
- Criminal Defense
- Founder, Criminal Defense Attorney
- Skinner Law Firm, LLC
- Assistant District Attorney
- Chester County District Attorney's Office
- Widener University
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Fight Your Charges with a Criminal Defense Attorney in West Chester, PA
- Many DUIs Stem from Non-Moving Violations
16 February 2018
- Keeping Your License after a DUI Arrest
24 January 2018
- What Happens to a Teen Charged with DUI?
17 January 2018
- College Students: How Arrests Affect Your Future
12 January 2018
- Understanding Your Miranda Rights
10 January 2018
- A DUI Arrest Is Not a DUI Conviction
3 January 2018
- The Long-Term Consequences of a Drug Conviction
27 December 2017
- A Diversionary Program Can Avoid a DUI Conviction
20 December 2017
- Drug Possession Charges Can Stem From Traffic Stops
13 December 2017