Michael Hamilton Rodgers

Michael Hamilton Rodgers

Law Office of Mike Rodgers
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence ...
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
  • Family Law
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Google Hangouts
  • Microsoft Teams
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 17136700
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
5th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court, Western District of Illinois
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Texas - Austin
J.D. (1975)
Activities: Elected Secretary, Student Bar Association, 1975.
University of Texas - Austin Logo
North Texas State University
B.A. (1972) | Philosophy (major); Political Science (minor)
Activities: Elected President of the Philosophy Club 3 times.
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
44 Questions Answered

Q. What does “the court further finds that the attorneys fees & costs should be assessed by the party incurring the same”
A: It simply means you pay your lawyer what you owe her and your ex-spouse pays his/her attorney . Generally it means if you don't owe anything to your lawyer, you owe nothing to anyone under this provision of the order. If you didn't have a lawyer, you probably don't owe any attorneys fees to anyone, but (lol) you should have a lawyer look at this order to make sure what you owe, if anything. You can't take one sentence out of an order that's probably 8-30 pages long and determine what you are required by that order to do and what, if anything, you are required to pay.
Q. So, my question is complicated. I'm the "long lost" son of a murder victim. What info do I have access to, legally?
A: Newspaper clippings can get you started. Unfortuneately, many of Texas' newspapers have gone under, but even if your county has lost its primary newspaper, you can go to your public library and research from there. If you're lucky enough to have access to a still-functioning newspaper, it might allow you to view its back issues. Also, you might get a reporter interested in your story and want to write a piece on you. This would really open up your access to the facts and circumstances of your mom's case. If the murderer was prosecuted, there's a good chance the case actually went to trial. I was practicing criminal law back then and, in Dallas County, a great percentage of murder cases went to jury trial. If so, you might be able to find the prosecutor(s) who tried the case.
Q. Sealing a Guilty Plea possible?
A: For the result of a criminal case to be sealed in Texas, the defendant must have received a deferred adjudication probation and successfully completed the probation. In these circumstances, after a waiting period whcih varies with the level of the offense, a person can petition the court to enter an order of non-disclosure. A deferred adjudication probation occurs when the defendant pleads guilty (or no contest) and the judge places him on probation without finding him guilty on his plea. In such a case, the judge defers (puts off) the adjudication (finding the defendant guilty). Because the judge has not entered a finding of guilt in the case, the defendant is not "convicted". After the defendant successfully completes the probation, the case is dismissed.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Mike Rodgers
4627 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75205
Toll-Free: (214) 999-0900
Telephone: (214) 999-0900
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Sunday: 12 PM - 5 PM
Notice: Because I represent clients in courts all over Texas, I can't keep regular office hours. Right now (8/17/20), I have cases in seven Texas counties. Still, I'm here most days and weekends and often at night. Please call for appointment.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.